Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > need computer help guys..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno13
Give this a try, When you start your computer up, right before it mentions that windows is loading start tapping the f8 key over and over again.
You should get a windows advanced options menu.
From there select safe mode.
You should see a login screen with Administrator, and your username. Choose Administrator.
Then, Goto Start > Control Panel > Users > Select your user account > Change password > Then take it from there.
Once your done, reboot the computer and allow it to start normally.
Tried that. That's how I used to do it with XP, but it wouldn't work this time around.

I did get into an advanced menu and just restored to new with no password. No biggie.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #32

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm in. Gotta new laptop! Of course, it's restored as factory new, but like I said, there was nothing important to me on it.
Outstanding!! Really it's a good thing to set them back up new now and then. I reboot Winders every year or so depending how much I use the machine. My desktop is used pretty heavy so it's kind of newt to get it back to that new computer smell now and again. I keep all my data on external drives (4 of them with a total of around 2800 gigabyte) so I don't worry too much about reboots or crashes. Take THAT Carbonite!

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #33

Liked 1109 Times on 720 Posts
Likes Given: 1980

Quote:
I'm in. Gotta new laptop! Of course, it's restored as factory new, but like I said, there was nothing important to me on it.
Sorry , thats what I meant was after f8f8f8f8f8 on startup it should have given you the option to restore , Thats the way my toshiba works anyway . I do it once a yr , I put all my pics, videos, music on a ext hard drive and wipe it clean then transfer my stuff back on it and its like new and fast again , my laptop is 6 yrs old and still runs like a champ

Old 11-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #34

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I think I had to hit f3 in this case. That took me to the Toshiba menu instead of the windows menu.

And as far as all these back ups and saving on externals... Yeah, I don't use computers that heavy and I don't so any work on them. I'll burn pictures and music to a CD and I'm golden. Lucky me

Old 11-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #35

Liked 1109 Times on 720 Posts
Likes Given: 1980

Quote:
I think I had to hit f3 in this case. That took me to the Toshiba menu instead of the windows menu.

And as far as all these back ups and saving on externals... Yeah, I don't use computers that heavy and I don't so any work on them. I'll burn pictures and music to a CD and I'm golden. Lucky me
Well glad u got it going anyway

Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #36

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:

I have a TON of music stored. i like to load micro SD cards that will end up in my phone that I can listen to that way or on any of the networked computers here in the house. My desktop is kind of the nerve center for the rest.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson