Need Advice
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Need Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default Need Advice

My neighbor, a genuinely nice guy, has one flaw, an Obama sticker on his car.

He just got laid off.

We don't talk in depth, but exchange pleasantries, and shoot the breeze for 5 minutes here and there.

But now I say "Hi", and start to snicker uncontrollably.

What to do, my friends?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Laugh like hell and when he ask what is so funny point out the irony of his predicament

Old 05-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #3

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Offer to take him shooting ON YOUR DAY OFF. Name:  rs_rimshot.gif
Views: 43
Size:  6.2 KB

Last edited by canebrake; 05-09-2009 at 02:02 AM.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #4

Likes Given: 1

Be prepared for him to blame it all on Bush and tell you how the great Obama
will fix it all

Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Ha ha ha - You live next to a Liberal who's now out of work.....LOL

That's epic.

Ask him if that was the CHANGE he was HOPING for.... LOL

Ah, another good one..... my friend

JD

Old 05-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
My neighbor, a genuinely nice guy, has one flaw, an Obama sticker on his car.

He just got laid off.

We don't talk in depth, but exchange pleasantries, and shoot the breeze for 5 minutes here and there.

But now I say "Hi", and start to snicker uncontrollably.

What to do, my friends?
Its called a beer or depending on the neighbor, a cigar. Next is "I tried to tell you so." Then hand him a copy of National Review and just keep chatting. Its not a cool thing for a man - a male man as in manly man to be out of a job. Chances are this fellow will realize the superior concept base of Conservative America being grounded in the constitution, bill of rights et al and our stature base upon traditions ( not trends ) of solid decision making over many many administrations based on the right thing forour nation - not feel goody or hopenchange. Treat him like A MAN and he will bring his friends. In private laugh very softly.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Buy him a John Birch Society membership.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:05 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Burn his house down.

Seriously though, people are bashing Obama, but it was B*sh that drove the economy into the ****ter. On average, it takes something like 6 years after a president's action for it to be felt. Look at Clinton's wishy washy stance on terrorists, that caused 9/11. The stock market crash was caused directly by B*sh's actions.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Last edited by matt g; 05-09-2009 at 12:11 AM.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:10 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 833 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 1822

I don't see a thing wrong with it. Bush inherited a sound economy and wrecked it. McCain, for all that I respect him for his war record (he is a genuine hero), would have been more of Bush's failed policies. And frankly, McCain's unhealthy ticker scared the hell out of me, because Ms. I-know-foreign-policy-because-I-can-see-Russia-from-my-State Palin would have ended up President when he kicked off mid-term, and that would have been a disaster of biblical proportions.

Oh, and I have been a proud gun owner and hunter since childhood, but when one casts a vote for President and members of Congress, one better consider ALL the issues, not just a few, or fears of Armageddon, gloom and doom will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. I have always considered myself a moderate Independent, and have steadfastly refused to join either major party.

I voted for Obama, as did several of my neighbors, in a State where every county went Republican. I don't agree with his views on everything, but in the greater scheme of things, he offered more of a positive nature than did his opponents.
Until Obama is voted out of office, he is my - and yours, too - Constitutionally-elected President and Commander-In-Chief, deserving of respect of the American people, and the benefit of the doubt until such time as he screws up badly enough (as did Dubya) to lose that respect.

I listen to NPR, support environmental issues, love to hunt deer, hate tofu, think PETA and HSUS are evil domestic terrorist organizations, support the death penalty where warranted (in fact, a certain senior Senator from Massachusetts has a lot still to answer for), and don't give a rat's tiny arse whether gays and lesbians should get married or not because it doesn't matter. Now go ahead and stereotype that!

Thank you for allowing me to vent. You may now resume acting like Limbaugh.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:14 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
I don't see a thing wrong with it. Bush inherited a sound economy and wrecked it. McCain, for all that I respect him for his war record (he is a genuine hero), would have been more of Bush's failed policies. And frankly, McCain's unhealthy ticker scared the hell out of me, because Ms. I-know-foreign-policy-because-I-can-see-Russia-from-my-State Palin would have ended up President when he kicked off mid-term, and that would have been a disaster of biblical proportions.

Oh, and I have been a proud gun owner and hunter since childhood, but when one casts a vote for President and members of Congress, one better consider ALL the issues, not just a few, or fears of Armageddon, gloom and doom will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. I have always considered myself a moderate Independent, and have steadfastly refused to join either major party.

I voted for Obama, as did several of my neighbors, in a State where every county went Republican. I don't agree with his views on everything, but in the greater scheme of things, he offered more of a positive nature than did his opponents.
Until Obama is voted out of office, he is my - and yours, too - Constitutionally-elected President and Commander-In-Chief, deserving of respect of the American people, and the benefit of the doubt until such time as he screws up badly enough (as did Dubya) to lose that respect.

I listen to NPR, support environmental issues, love to hunt deer, hate tofu, think PETA and HSUS are evil domestic terrorist organizations, support the death penalty where warranted (in fact, a certain senior Senator from Massachusetts has a lot still to answer for), and don't give a rat's tiny arse whether gays and lesbians should get married or not because it doesn't matter. Now go ahead and stereotype that!

Thank you for allowing me to vent. You may now resume acting like Limbaugh.
What of the naturalized citizen status that he may carry? He may not be a Constitutionally elected president.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.