Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Need Advice (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/need-advice-13667/)

Benning Boy 05-08-2009 05:57 PM

Need Advice

My neighbor, a genuinely nice guy, has one flaw, an Obama sticker on his car.

He just got laid off.

We don't talk in depth, but exchange pleasantries, and shoot the breeze for 5 minutes here and there.

But now I say "Hi", and start to snicker uncontrollably.

What to do, my friends?

Minionsram 05-08-2009 07:51 PM

Laugh like hell and when he ask what is so funny point out the irony of his predicament

cpttango30 05-08-2009 07:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Offer to take him shooting ON YOUR DAY OFF. Attachment 3095

propex 05-08-2009 08:11 PM

Be prepared for him to blame it all on Bush and tell you how the great Obama
will fix it all :mad:

Dillinger 05-08-2009 08:43 PM

Ha ha ha - You live next to a Liberal who's now out of work.....LOL

That's epic.

Ask him if that was the CHANGE he was HOPING for.... LOL

Ah, another good one..... my friend :)

JD

1LTLos 05-08-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 103829)
My neighbor, a genuinely nice guy, has one flaw, an Obama sticker on his car.

He just got laid off.

We don't talk in depth, but exchange pleasantries, and shoot the breeze for 5 minutes here and there.

But now I say "Hi", and start to snicker uncontrollably.

What to do, my friends?

Its called a beer or depending on the neighbor, a cigar. Next is "I tried to tell you so." Then hand him a copy of National Review and just keep chatting. Its not a cool thing for a man - a male man as in manly man to be out of a job. Chances are this fellow will realize the superior concept base of Conservative America being grounded in the constitution, bill of rights et al and our stature base upon traditions ( not trends ) of solid decision making over many many administrations based on the right thing forour nation - not feel goody or hopenchange. Treat him like A MAN and he will bring his friends. In private laugh very softly.

user4 05-08-2009 11:18 PM

Buy him a John Birch Society membership.

matt g 05-09-2009 12:05 AM

Burn his house down.

Seriously though, people are bashing Obama, but it was B*sh that drove the economy into the ****ter. On average, it takes something like 6 years after a president's action for it to be felt. Look at Clinton's wishy washy stance on terrorists, that caused 9/11. The stock market crash was caused directly by B*sh's actions.

buckhuntr 05-09-2009 12:10 AM

I don't see a thing wrong with it. Bush inherited a sound economy and wrecked it. McCain, for all that I respect him for his war record (he is a genuine hero), would have been more of Bush's failed policies. And frankly, McCain's unhealthy ticker scared the hell out of me, because Ms. I-know-foreign-policy-because-I-can-see-Russia-from-my-State Palin would have ended up President when he kicked off mid-term, and that would have been a disaster of biblical proportions.

Oh, and I have been a proud gun owner and hunter since childhood, but when one casts a vote for President and members of Congress, one better consider ALL the issues, not just a few, or fears of Armageddon, gloom and doom will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. I have always considered myself a moderate Independent, and have steadfastly refused to join either major party.

I voted for Obama, as did several of my neighbors, in a State where every county went Republican. I don't agree with his views on everything, but in the greater scheme of things, he offered more of a positive nature than did his opponents.
Until Obama is voted out of office, he is my - and yours, too - Constitutionally-elected President and Commander-In-Chief, deserving of respect of the American people, and the benefit of the doubt until such time as he screws up badly enough (as did Dubya) to lose that respect.

I listen to NPR, support environmental issues, love to hunt deer, hate tofu, think PETA and HSUS are evil domestic terrorist organizations, support the death penalty where warranted (in fact, a certain senior Senator from Massachusetts has a lot still to answer for), and don't give a rat's tiny arse whether gays and lesbians should get married or not because it doesn't matter. Now go ahead and stereotype that!;)

Thank you for allowing me to vent. You may now resume acting like Limbaugh.:eek:

matt g 05-09-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckhuntr (Post 103949)
I don't see a thing wrong with it. Bush inherited a sound economy and wrecked it. McCain, for all that I respect him for his war record (he is a genuine hero), would have been more of Bush's failed policies. And frankly, McCain's unhealthy ticker scared the hell out of me, because Ms. I-know-foreign-policy-because-I-can-see-Russia-from-my-State Palin would have ended up President when he kicked off mid-term, and that would have been a disaster of biblical proportions.

Oh, and I have been a proud gun owner and hunter since childhood, but when one casts a vote for President and members of Congress, one better consider ALL the issues, not just a few, or fears of Armageddon, gloom and doom will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. I have always considered myself a moderate Independent, and have steadfastly refused to join either major party.

I voted for Obama, as did several of my neighbors, in a State where every county went Republican. I don't agree with his views on everything, but in the greater scheme of things, he offered more of a positive nature than did his opponents.
Until Obama is voted out of office, he is my - and yours, too - Constitutionally-elected President and Commander-In-Chief, deserving of respect of the American people, and the benefit of the doubt until such time as he screws up badly enough (as did Dubya) to lose that respect.

I listen to NPR, support environmental issues, love to hunt deer, hate tofu, think PETA and HSUS are evil domestic terrorist organizations, support the death penalty where warranted (in fact, a certain senior Senator from Massachusetts has a lot still to answer for), and don't give a rat's tiny arse whether gays and lesbians should get married or not because it doesn't matter. Now go ahead and stereotype that!;)

Thank you for allowing me to vent. You may now resume acting like Limbaugh.:eek:

What of the naturalized citizen status that he may carry? He may not be a Constitutionally elected president.