Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > NC Woman Knocks Out Burglar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 102 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default NC Woman Knocks Out Burglar

I saw this on the news last night...I know people usually post stories of home invaders stopped by firearms, but I couldn't help but admire this woman defending herself and her family by bashing the robber with a bedpost. This reminds me why I keep a firearm close by and why I lock my doors...she was very lucky, but I prefer all the advantage I can get. This is the third news story I've seen in the past week with citizens in the Carolinas fighting back against the bad guys. The source and story are below:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10634104/

"Raleigh, N.C. — A Raleigh woman says her survival instinct kicked in when she attacked an intruder in her home with a bedpost earlier this month.

Victoria Jones said she was undressing to take a shower on Jan. 13 when she saw a man approaching her down her hallway.

The wooden bedpost was the first thing Jones said she saw.

She reached for it, and when the man got near her, "I nailed him," she said.

By that point, Jones' 10-year-old sister, Chelsea Massey, had run to a neighbor's house for help.

"We were just playing with the dog, and he just walked in," Massey said. "I was thinking, 'What if I screamed, and he could have did something to me and my nephew, and then my life would have been over."

Jones' 9-year-old son was in the den at the same time as Jones hit the intruder, chasing him all the way down the hall to the front door.

"I hit him that one last time, and he just went out cold," she said.

Neighbors arrived at the house to help and held the man until police arrived.

Raleigh police charged Lucio Miranda, 40, with first-degree burglary and first-degree possession of stolen goods. A search warrant indicates that investigators found a key to a Buick that belonged to Jones in his possession.

He was treated at a local hospital for a black eye, a broken ankle and a head injury and was later taken to the Wake County jail where he was being held Monday on a $108,000 bond.

"What I am scared of is about what could have happened, and that's why I gave it all I had," Jones said. "I didn't know what his plans were and what would happen to my kids if I didn't do the best I could to get him out of here.""

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #2

Liked 4558 Times on 2204 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Too bad she didn't have a gun but still nice to see the sheeple bite back once in awhile.

Tack

Old 01-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1490 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7349

Never underestimate a mother protecting her children. I wonder if she has gone to her LGS yet?

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 01-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

She better think seriously about getting a firearm from now on.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I'm impressed. She messed that guy up pretty good.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.