NC carjacking suspect clubbed with frozen turkey
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > NC carjacking suspect clubbed with frozen turkey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 05:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default NC carjacking suspect clubbed with frozen turkey

NC carjacking suspect clubbed with frozen turkey
Mon Nov 24, 2:58 pm ET

RALEIGH, N.C. – Stopped. Cold turkey. North Carolina authorities say a shopper clubbed an alleged carjacker with a frozen turkey as he tried to steal a woman's car in a grocery store parking lot Sunday.

Police say 30-year-old Fred Louis Ervin of Raleigh stole money from a gas station before running across the street to a Harris Teeter store in a town just south of Raleigh. Garner police say he began beating Irene Moorman Bailey while stealing her car.

Other shoppers came to her rescue, including one who hit Ervin with the turkey. Police did not release the person's name.

Despite serious head injuries, Ervin got away in Bailey's car and hit several other cars as he fled. But police arrested him a short time later.

He faces several charges including assault inflicting serious injury. Ervin was hospitalized Monday in good condition, a hospital spokeswoman said. He had not yet been assigned a lawyer and was to appear in court Dec. 30.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081124/ap_on_fe_st/odd_turkey_club_3

OUCH!

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2008, 06:12 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Did police hold the turkey as evidence? Would a goose have had better stopping power? And if the turkey was in a bag, would she have needed a concealed carry permit?

Old 11-25-2008, 06:47 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

death by turkey. thats hella funny, hope the womans ok though

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 11-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

That's it! We can't have normal, untrained citizens running around the street with all sorts of frozen fowl!

For crying out loud people, don't you know what a frozen chicken has been proven to do to the windshield of a 747?!?!

I am hereby calling for an immediate and retroactive ban on all sorts of frozen bird types, or should I say "Assault Poultry!"

This demands immediate government action!

Old 11-25-2008, 11:18 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Already done JD, Obama's guys are calling for turkey castration, for the children....

9x18=Makarov

Old 11-26-2008, 01:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
That's it! We can't have normal, untrained citizens running around the street with all sorts of frozen fowl!

For crying out loud people, don't you know what a frozen chicken has been proven to do to the windshield of a 747?!?!

I am hereby calling for an immediate and retroactive ban on all sorts of frozen bird types, or should I say "Assault Poultry!"

Don't worry it won't be long until the libtards Pelosi and Reid do ban frozen chickens along with baseball bats, knives, forks, hockey sticks, lacrosse sticks and any other idiotic thing they can possibly come up with.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:32 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Assault poultry. I think I peed a little.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:41 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

weapons of mass destruction? maybe

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 11-26-2008, 01:26 PM   #9

Can anyone recommend a good holster for my turkey? Or would a frozen chicken be better for concealed carry?

I'm with Dillinger though, I am not sure we should allow normal citizens to carry frozen turkies, they could go off and seriously hurt someone. After all--this turkey put the poor carjacker in the hospital. The carjacker was only trying to make a living too. Those people were very mean to him, and should apologize.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #10

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I'm thinking Cornish Game Hens Lady Musket - Perfect for concealed carry, yet still sizable enough to stop your average assailant.

Granted, there are those out there that feel if you can't carry the Full Turkey, the Hen isn't even an option, and we can go back and forth about field trials all day, but the fact is I would rather have my frozen Game Hen and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

JD