National Mall after 9/12 Tea Party compared to Obama's Inauguration
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > National Mall after 9/12 Tea Party compared to Obama's Inauguration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default National Mall after 9/12 Tea Party compared to Obama's Inauguration

I received this in an e-mail.

Quote:
Is it a Republican thing? A conservative thing? No, it's a cultural philosophy thing.
Someone noted that at the tea parties, the crowds left fields cleaner than they found them - picking up trash that had been previously thrown on the ground.
The National Mall after Saturday's 9/12 protest by hundreds of thousands of conservatives:
I've read accounts by people who attended Saturday's rally that said there was zero litter....ZERO litter.
By contrast, here are two photos of the National Mall after Obama's Inauguration attended by hundreds of thousands of liberals:
First photo below is after the Tea Party 9/12/2009.
Second photo is after Obama’s Inaugration January 2009.

Quote:
Comment by Rick Moran at American Thinker at American Thinker Blog: 'Clean' conservatives vs. 'dirty' liberals

"Is it a legitimate point to be made, that the difference in the condition of the Mall following the two events says something revealing about the two sides?

I don't see how you can escape it. Without getting into a numbers game (and acknowledging that the inauguration crowd was bigger), it should be obvious that one side takes responsibility for their actions while the other does not. This denotes not only respect for public property, but also it reveals that conservatives have a sense of ownership relating to that property. Owners will care for their property more assiduously than non-owners. Conservatives consider themselves stakeholders in the country, seeing it as their individual concern to make better.

On the other hand, liberals don't see public property as their concern, but rather that of the government. When everyone owns the land, no one is responsible for it in their calculation. Thoughtless littering is simply a manifestation of their belief that it's someone else's job to clean up after me. Not my problem since it's not my land."
one.jpg   two.jpg  

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

That scene on the right was just disgusting and made me not want to be an american when they broadcast that all over the world for everyone to see. It made us all look bad. They didn't broadcast the fact that the tea party left the mall looking better than before. That was what I was taught leave things better then when you got there. If everyone does that things stay nice for everyone. I can't stand litter bugs weather it is a cig butt or a 55gal trash bag dispose of it the right way.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #3

We had about 4000 people at the State Capitol building that day, and the park folks there said the same thing about our tea party. From what I have heard about the rallies that went on all over the nation, it is the same everywhere. Not one arrest in DC either.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

{GASP} Republicans more concerned for their environment than Democrats, what is this world coming to.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
{GASP} Republicans more concerned for their environment than Democrats, what is this world coming to.
With the Libs it's "do as I say not as I do".

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm

Old 09-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #6

No doubt. "CO2 is destroying everything. Now give me my $250K and I'll get out of here to fly around dumping thousands of tons of it in the atmosphere."

Ann Coulter has a good point. She says it's easy to figure them out. Whatever they accuse you of, is exactly what they are doing.

I'm a conservative, yes, and these a-holes think they own environmental responsibility, when it's nothing but an excuse to grab power. I grew up on a ranch, and if you don't watch the environment on a farm, you're not going to be able to eat. period. Hunters, ranchers, and farmers are the ones who really guard the rest of the enivironment. With their permit fees and taxes if nothing else. I go out mountain biking, and they always want to restrict areas from us. If you look at a mountain bike trail, it is one single track with about an 8 inch footprint. Check the hiking trails around Phoenix. They are like six to eight FEET wide, with stairs, railings, and thousands of boots kicking rocks loose and causing mass erosion. But they want to ban the BIKES.

Last edited by Route 66 Rambler; 09-25-2009 at 07:02 PM.