National buy ammunition day! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > National buy ammunition day!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 02:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
No, guns and ammo shouldn't be heavily regulated.

But idiots like this make the fight that much more difficult for the rest of us.
That's what I meant thank you.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #12

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

NONE OF YOU that posted negatively about this guy knows a single s!-!itten thing about him, but you are so ready to quash his 1A rights.

how, HOW is he makin the rest of you/us "look bad?"

regardless of how much ammo you wanna covey-hole in the secrets and confines of your own shadow world, HE is makin a point that IT IS YOUR RIGHT!!! he's just not a pu$$y about sayin what he thinks about the gooberment bein in the personal business' of LAW-ABIDIN CITIZENS.

he might just be a looney tune, and then again, he might be as sane as can be, BUT it is his right to lawfully SPEAK his mind as he sees fit. if it offends you, then go lay back on the porch and wait for the mailman to come around. @least he is not ashamed of his freedoms!!!

I'M OUT! <turns mic sideways, drops it, kicks soapbox into crowd, and walks off>

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

People Like This 
Old 09-13-2012, 04:24 AM   #13

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I agree that it his right to say what ever, but I don't have to agree, and I don't. That is also my right. I put him in the same category as the guys that flaunt the right to OC while pretending to fish on the St. Petersburg pier.

If they are pushing a buy ammo day means that they are not or have not prepared. I buy ammo through out the year to replace and maintain a sufficient qty. of ammo to meet my training and "just in case" TSHTF needs. Based on supply and demand a one day run on ammo would in most cases drive the prices up.

Last edited by chuckusaret; 09-13-2012 at 04:33 AM.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
I agree that it his right to say what ever, but I don't have to agree, and I don't. That is also my right. I put him in the same category as the guys that flaunt the right to OC while pretending to fish on the St. Petersburg pier.

what was he flaunting, his right to buy ammo in bulk? no! he was, IMO, fed up and tired of hearin, readin, and watchin stories of the powers that be lookin over every legal firearms owners' shoulder(s) and waitin to question them about their intention(s) and motive(s).

i am an adult, my parents used to do that when i was a child.........i don't need that, and I DAMN WELL DON'T APPRECIATE IT!

as for OC, use it or lose it, but don't flaunt it! i live in an OC state, and i open carry, BUT the LEOs around here know the law. if some don't, then it doesn't take much to have them educated.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc

Zoey Likes This 
Old 09-13-2012, 05:11 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6624 Times on 3690 Posts
Likes Given: 6299

I guess that I feel secure enough in my own manhood that I don't feel the need to "play cowboy" and run around town with a gun on my hip and a bandoleer draped over my shoulder.

You see, I have 1A rights too. And if they offend you.... tough sh!t.

Zoey Likes This 
Old 09-13-2012, 05:39 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I guess that I feel secure enough in my own manhood that I don't feel the need to "play cowboy" and run around town with a gun on my hip and a bandoleer draped over my shoulder.

You see, I have 1A rights too. And if they offend you.... tough sh!t.

they don't offend me. you don't offend me. i like your posts just as much as anyone else's.

but what's right is right. if the laws are for only a certain few, then the laws need to be changed for the many others to enjoy, or revoke them for the few.

it's kinda like the sayin, "ignorance is no excuse of the law."

no, it is not! but that works TWO ways...............just because J.Q. Public don't know or ain't aware of OC laws, don't mean that i should have to get a CCW or leave my pistol @ home. because like it's stated, "ignorance is no excuse of the law!" and just because Mr. Officer is not aware of same, said, OC law don't mean that i am breakin the law because he/she thinks i am!

i know your stance on OC and i respect your opinion for it, but that is not what the youtuber was talkin about. he was talkin about sendin a message to those that would put all of we firearms owners on a national registration list........because we choose to, NOT exercise our 2A right (that is a given), but take joy in a past time that makes us happy.

Zoey Likes This 
Old 09-13-2012, 05:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post

If they are pushing a buy ammo day means that they are not or have not prepared. I buy ammo through out the year to replace and maintain a sufficient qty. of ammo to meet my training and "just in case" TSHTF needs. Based on supply and demand a one day run on ammo would in most cases drive the prices up.

it could, i agree...........but just because an event happens, doesn't mean there will be grave circumstances. Gov. Mike Huckabee asked for a Chic-fil-A Day and wanted people to go out and eat @ and support Chic-fil-A because of their stance on Christianity, didn't mean that they would raise their prices because of LOTS of customers. and you know what, they didn't! OMG!

Zoey Likes This 
Old 09-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 402 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 603

I didn't watch the video but I have a take on the "national buy this or that day" that pops up from time to time. We are all adults and know what we have on hand and what we need to have on hand for our own personal needs. Just rotate and maintain your stock and keep your equipment clean and oiled.
A run on any product with one of these calls to buy something will just drive stock down and prices up like it did in '09 and early '10. That makes it that much harder for all of those that didn't participate in the buy-up campaign to replenish our plinker stock.
I still shell out $20 a brick everywhere I go for 22LR from the previous run that the manufacturers haven't yet recovered from. Aerating empty pop cans is getting super crazy expensive.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #19

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret

I open carry while fishing in Florida all the time. You don't need to like it nor do I need to justify to anyone why I exercise my gun rights. We can't be pro gun and only support a few of our rights. Use them responsibly or lose them.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I make my own ammo that I use at the range. I also have enough store bought ammo for my EDC to last for a long time.
I guess I'll buy some brass and put together a few hundred rounds on this day.
Does that count?

The Second Amendment makes all the others possible.

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This