Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Nanny State in Action - Unboxing a Beretta 92

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 119 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default The Nanny State in Action - Unboxing a Beretta 92

And here is what you get from Beretta when you buy a model 92 series handgun. The pistol comes covered with oil, which you have to clean off before you shoot it. Do as I say, not as I did. <g>

The interesting thing is the junk they have to put in the box to satisfy the nanny states of the People's Republic of California and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, which insists on..well, just watch

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #2

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

The "spacer " is what they give you to prop up the gun so you don’t have to use the block you are using ....trigger guard goes in the hole. You can also use it when driving pins from the gun in a full disassembly

Old 06-24-2012, 01:13 AM   #3

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

One thing which I've received with my pistols, which you didn't get, is a little pamplet about youth gun safety. In fact, our gubmit is so paranoid that not only are they having them put in the box with the gun, but sending spares to the gun store with instruction to give them out with each firearm. I guess they figure if we get two of them, we'll be encouraged to read one of them.

Those & the note from the state of mass. goes to file 13.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:46 AM   #4

Liked 119 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
The "spacer " is what they give you to prop up the gun so you don’t have to use the block you are using ....trigger guard goes in the hole. You can also use it when driving pins from the gun in a full disassembly
Cool, they even supply something to help me make videos with it!

; )

That "block," by the way, is a piece of heavy aluminum I picked up from a scrap heap while working at a Naval Air Rework Facility (NARF) at Naval Air Station Pensacola, Florida many moons ago.