My tastes in cars !
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > My tastes in cars !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2015, 07:19 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4288 Times on 2386 Posts
Likes Given: 21553

Default My tastes in cars !

Some mention of my lack of tastes in automobiles was brought to light ? so , to clear things up ....... Again ..... . . !
Now thems cars !

http://youtu.be/h8MbhS5XKow

Not quite a Dodge but...........

Last edited by dango; 02-05-2015 at 07:26 PM.
MisterMcCool Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2015, 08:19 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1193 Times on 575 Posts
Likes Given: 181

That sucker will not hold up against my beast!!!
I just finished fine tuning the engine!
260169_232238106786339_4480352_n.jpg
People Like This 
Old 02-05-2015, 08:28 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearhunter View Post
Attachment 155707
LOL....that ain't no Dodge ...........or is it ...? Beast it is....!
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 02-05-2015, 08:34 PM   #4

Liked 3136 Times on 1613 Posts
Likes Given: 4613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearhunter View Post
Attachment 155707
And it's parked in a handicap spot at Wal-Mart too................
People Like This 
Old 02-06-2015, 04:59 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1883 Times on 1211 Posts
Likes Given: 4211

I had a car once that was so bad a highway patrolman gave me a ticket for being a hazard to the public! Oh the stories I could tell about that one like the time I got in and had 3" of snow in the back seat! Darn that was a cold ride home.
People Like This 
Old 02-06-2015, 10:07 AM   #6
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7900 Times on 4054 Posts
Likes Given: 9054

Im not very vain when it comes to automobiles, only a few things I care about. Its really positive if the thing is payed for, I like a roof, The motor needs to run and the wheels should turn if I put it in gear, its good if they also stop turning when I hit the brakes and heat is a good thing to have this time of year in Upstate NY. Other than that, My expectations are very low.

I have decided I will never ever pay a mortgage payment again on something I generally dont live in so the only new car I will own hence forth is one that fits in my pocket, a hot wheels toy. My current fleet of junkers total about 70 years of age between the three of them and my PU Truck has holes bigger than baseballs in it that Ive repaired with closed cell Spray Foam that seems to be holding up rather well.
People Like This 
Old 02-06-2015, 04:57 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

How true that is ! I've seen houses cheaper than most new vehicles !

I've only ever had one new vehicle in my life . Would like to get my hands on a Jeep . Used , affordable and in good shape . I still have that brand new vehicle ,
A Siverado I bought ten years ago . It is getting tired but has been very good to me .

Those cars I posted are only a fantasy . If I had tons of money to burn , I would have something in my garage ! Route 36 , miles and miles of well maintained two lane , winding hills , just gets my juices flowing . Would love to cruise that in something sexy !
rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 02-06-2015, 06:27 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1315 Times on 780 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I have decided I will never ever pay a mortgage payment again on something I generally dont live in so the only new car I will own hence forth is one that fits in my pocket, a hot wheels toy.
I'm guessing you're not buying a new hellcat charger?

Personally, I like a new car once in awhile... had intended to get one this fall, but going to hold off at least a year. Kind of nice not having mortgage size car payments. Although the wife is driving a new plug in hybrid that we got a smoking hot lease deal on.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-06-2015, 06:45 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post

Personally, I like a new car once in awhile... had intended to get one this fall, but going to hold off at least a year. Kind of nice not having mortgage size car payments. Although the wife is driving a new plug in hybrid that we got a smoking hot lease deal on.
How does that work ? One spare tire , Jack , lug wrench and really , really long extension chord ?

Old 02-06-2015, 09:18 PM   #10
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7900 Times on 4054 Posts
Likes Given: 9054

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post

Unfortunately New doesnt stay new in Upstate NY very long with rough roads, snow, salt, more salt all chucked together in a big ice/ mud ball for 5 months ruins stuff before the payments are even gone. I really dont have a garage to keep Cars in, just a barn that isnt that handy across the road.

Less than prosperous Times havent left extra car payments in our budget and home Renovations at the same time (99% DIY). Ive got to invest in our home at my age, besides vehicles have never returned me anything but the bare necessities of mobility and rusty parts.

My 2002 Dodge Dakota was so perty when I drove it off the lot brandy new. It wasnt a high end truck but expensive enough for me, it was shiny and didnt have a scratch on it, I kept it so nice! Within 4 years, I had been hit twice and smashed bad both times, after that, it never seemed new again even though the payments were still happening. I wasnt all that easy on it I bought a 4WD Truck to use it moving stuff, pulling a trailer, I didnt beat it but it got its share of dings cause I made it work. Its nasty smells like cigs, dirty filled with tools, parts and other detritus but it runs pretty fair so run it I will until it croaks. Its only got 125K on it, Im shooting for 165!
People Like This