Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   My stupid smart phone (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/my-stupid-smart-phone-86129/)

dragunovsks 03-09-2013 10:28 AM

My stupid smart phone

I have an HTC Inspire phone with AT&T, yesterday I get a message from HTC saying a security update is available and required, so I downloaded it. Now every 10 minutes I get a "sorry" message saying com.htc.bge has stopped working. First couple times i saw it i just ignored it because on occasion ive seen similar messages before. But now everytime it comes up I report the problem to HTC. But now this morning I realize my alarm clock in my phone isnt working. I use my phones alarm clock to get up for work.

Any phone techie guys know if I can unistall this update or what can I do?

rurak 03-09-2013 01:52 PM

I'm pretty sure you can restore any phone to factory settings. Its somewhere in thr settings menu

primer1 03-09-2013 03:24 PM

I quit updating apps and have been much happier (droid). I lost my alarm clock the same way, and downloaded ihandyalarmclock. Works good, but not quite as convenient as the one I lost. No biggie.

boatme98 03-10-2013 03:41 AM

Well, that's why I live with the DumbAss phone.
I can call folks, and they can call me.
All else is superfluous. :)

deadsp0t 03-10-2013 03:47 AM

On android phones some apps cause conflicts with other apps and make the phones act quirky at times, deleting Apps you don't use or can live without can help. On my iPhone updates can not be uninstalled, in fact I had to update my older phone to restore it(I use it as an iPod).

A general thing that helps all smart phones is to power it down daily for a minute or two, also if the battery can be removed, it can be helpful to power it down and remove the battery if problem persist.

fa35jsf 03-10-2013 03:50 AM

I dumped my android based phone almost two years ago because I updated it and it stopped receiving messages and phone calls. Therefore it was useless as a phone.

After a ton of heckling with the verizon sells-man (my phone was out of warranty but I was not eligible for an update and they did not care that my phone broke because of a software update) I purchased an Iphone at a discount and have been very happy with it ever since. Very few problems.

I am never one to buy into the "new hip thing" but hey, I can say that there is a reason the Iphone is so popular.

deadsp0t 03-10-2013 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fa35jsf
I dumped my android based phone almost two years ago because I updated it and it stopped receiving messages and phone calls. Therefore it was useless as a phone.

After a ton of heckling with the verizon sells-man (my phone was out of warranty but I was not eligible for an update and they did not care that my phone broke because of a software update) I purchased an Iphone at a discount and have been very happy with it ever since. Very few problems.

I am never one to buy into the "new hip thing" but hey, I can say that there is a reason the Iphone is so popular.

IMO the iPhone is the superior product in the sense it's far more refined and tried and true. Of course they aren't perfect but they are far more trouble free in my experience

fa35jsf 03-10-2013 03:55 AM

Well I just think the software is more stable

Bigcountry02 03-10-2013 04:58 AM

What is a Smart Phone? :rolleyes:

trip286 03-10-2013 05:15 AM

I have the Galaxy S2, and I've discovered my biggest conflicting app is facebook. It's a real bastard. But I've also kicked my phone across a parking lot in the rain by accident. Was running and it slipped out of my hand and hit my foot mid stride.