Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   My son's first concert - Iron Maiden/Dream Theater (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/my-sons-first-concert-iron-maiden-dream-theater-28539/)

NitroxAZ 06-20-2010 02:27 PM

My son's first concert - Iron Maiden/Dream Theater

I took my son to his first concert the other night. We went to see Dream Theater and Iron Maiden. These are bands that I like and are from back in my day. My son who is 15 1/2 likes a lot of the same music I grew up with. We had a great time and the show was great. My son said that he was surprised that older guys (my age) could rock that hard still. That made me laugh.

The coolest part about the whole experience was that my son asked me to take him to his first concert. I am very lucky to have this kind of relationship with a kid his age. Hell, I am lucky to have akid like him as a son.

jca1 06-20-2010 03:38 PM

That's awesome, you must be a great dad. Most 15 year olds want their dads to "just go away":D don't they?

You picked a great show too...Iron Maiden still ROCKS!

kcolg 06-20-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroxAZ (Post 303165)
I took my son to his first concert the other night. We went to see Dream Theater and Iron Maiden. These are bands that I like and are from back in my day. My son who is 15 1/2 likes a lot of the same music I grew up with. We had a great time and the show was great. My son said that he was surprised that older guys (my age) could rock that hard still. That made me laugh.

The coolest part about the whole experience was that my son asked me to take him to his first concert. I am very lucky to have this kind of relationship with a kid his age. Hell, I am lucky to have akid like him as a son.

That`s really cool , years from now your guys are going to remeber this, my mom took my sister and me to our first concert ,Peter Frampton, in `77,we still talk about it every now and then ,and I always thank her it was such a great gig!
Isn`t incredible the energy that Iron Maiden still puts in their shows ?

skullcrusher 06-20-2010 05:44 PM

Nitrox,

Glad to hear he enjoyed the show and the 'old' guys impressed him. In my opinion, Maiden has not lost it yet. Tell us, was it loud? Wait, Maiden and loud, is there any doubt? :D

CA357 06-20-2010 05:48 PM

That's definitely an epic male bonding experience. Good stuff. :cool:

Franciscomv 06-20-2010 06:15 PM

Great bands!

I'm glad you got to share a good show with your kid.

RugerShootinGal 06-21-2010 12:03 AM

That was pretty cool. I have just started in the last few months taking my daughters to concerts and I loved going as much as they did!! That was fun for us all and nice quality time together.:)

doctherock 06-21-2010 12:14 AM

Saw Styx and Def Lep in 2007, first concert ever and it was with my new bride.

orangello 06-21-2010 12:36 AM

Dream Theater, i really enjoyed their music & the theme/story of some of the albums.

General_lee 06-21-2010 12:42 AM

Maiden rocks!!!!!!

So far I've only seen Willie Nelson, Crossfade and the current lineup of Lynyrd Skynyrd