My six week project.....six and a half months later ..?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > My six week project.....six and a half months later ..?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3179 Times on 1806 Posts
Likes Given: 18420

Default My six week project.....six and a half months later ..?

This is my first and last atempt to make a Dao .! That,s right , an Indonesian broad sword .

From the two metal mixes , one high carbon , one lower carbon .! The best of both . Resilient , semi flexible with a pretty decent edge holding ability .

I could not have done this without the help of a very close friend , we shall call him Mike A . Mike has been into metallurgy and custom machining for some 42+ years . He had all the answers as to how,s and why for,s with the metal blank . I could not have done this without his help .

He also had a large surface grinder to fix my clumsy and flawed attempt at hammering the blade into shape .

Minus the knowledge , tools and a whole lot of laughs , with the help of Mike , here it is , finished and I only ran six months short.....!

image.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-05-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3179 Times on 1806 Posts
Likes Given: 18420

The blade length on the Dao is 18 " and the Katana lying next to it is a 27" blade length . I likes blades and the art form.!

image.jpg  

Old 03-05-2014, 09:28 PM   #3

Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1659

Looks pretty cool Dango.

I've always wondered why we didn't have a sword thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk