My pet Peeve: Whining cops
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > My pet Peeve: Whining cops

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1726 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Default My pet Peeve: Whining cops

How many times have you heard the cop on TV lament that when he kisses his wife and goes off to work in the morning, he never knows if he will return? Yea? Well guess what? None of the rest of us has any guarantee of sleeping in our own beds, instead of a morgue table tonight either.

You know that fat girl, the high-school dropout who runs the cash register at the convenience store down the street. Comes on at 5:00 and gets off at midnight? She has twice the chance of dying by homicide as the cop buying his coffee and donuts there. She has no “benevolent” society to help her family when she gets shot multiple times for $48.00 and a carton of cigarettes. There is no parade with clerks from around the country and bagpipers playing for her either. No taps, no alligator tears, no flag draped coffin.

How many OTL truck drivers have you heard moaning about the danger of their jobs? I have never heard one cry. They get in their big-rigs, fasten the seat belt and go to work. The guy who works for Waste Management? He is much more likely to die on the job as the cop; as is the roofer, the construction laborer or for heavens sake a crab fisherman.

In this country, which employees damn near a million cops of different flavors, under twenty died of gunshots in 2012. In the same time period they killed around 600 people. Many more cops died in traffic accidents, (no wonder the way some of them drive) they also died of training accidents and a multitude of other ways that everyone else is equally exposed to.

Grow up boys, if you are afraid of being a cop get a job as a custodian. (or not, they also have a higher rate of injury on the job then cops)

Carl Sagan

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #2

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It could also be said that America has the best trained police forces in the world. The facts you stated reflects police response to violent confrontation does not have to always end in gun fire.
The store clerks and OTR truckers do not spend their shifts pursuing confrontations. The fact that we have that "Thin Blue Line" allows most clerks to sell Skittles and Arizona Sweet Tea in peace.
Doc3402 Likes This 
Old 07-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #3

Liked 1726 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
It could also be said that America has the best trained police forces in the world. The facts you stated reflects police response to violent confrontation does not have to always end in gun fire.
The store clerks and OTR truckers do not spend their shifts pursuing confrontations. The fact that we have that "Thin Blue Line" allows most clerks to sell Skittles and Arizona Sweet Tea in peace.
When you choose a profession you assume the risks involved. Some jobs are riskier than others. You just don't hear high-iron workers whining; they accept their risks as the burden of a manly job. My complaint is in the "drama" surrounding the cops seeking sympathy for the "risks" they take. It is a matter of perception.

Carl Sagan

Old 07-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #4

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post

When you choose a profession you assume the risks involved. Some jobs are riskier than others. You just don't hear high-iron workers whining; they accept their risks as the burden of a manly job. My complaint is in the "drama" surrounding the cops seeking sympathy for the "risks" they take. It is a matter of perception.
So do you have a beef with those who protect our society from those unfit to abide by the simple rules that have been set forth? Or would you rather have a post apocalyptic world with no rules or safety

Old 07-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post

When you choose a profession you assume the risks involved. Some jobs are riskier than others.
Quoted for truth.
Nobody wants to hear "I joined the military and camel bangers shot at me."
It's part of the job chosen by the individual. Worried you won't make it home to the wife and kids, find a different job or don't get yourself a wife and kids.
Neither the military or police issue you a family.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #6

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

In case you missed the point? Police are paid to seek out confrontations civilians are not. The police are far more likely to be exposed to danger than a citizen. I expect you also hold the Military in low regard. There are many more soldiers discharged then killed in battle. Does those numbers also up set you?

Old 07-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #7

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Many cops die in traffic accidents simply because they're on the road all the time and the motoring public runs them over. Check the stats. The vast majority of cops aren't dying during pursuits.

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Old 07-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #8

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Everybody at times has complained about their jobs. If you don't like people "whining" about their job, why don't you join the police force? Then you can come back and "whine" for us. If we didn't have these "whiners" who else would join the police?

Old 07-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #9
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8452 Times on 5051 Posts
Likes Given: 11018

I get really, really tired of these cop bashing threads.
People Like This 
Old 07-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

I don't really take this one so much as cop bashing I see it more as a I'm in the wrong profession thread.
I'm not big on cop bashing, they aren't all bad. Lol

Closed Thread