Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > My new toy!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 894 Times on 406 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus
Any trade where both parties are happy is a good deal!
Now I agree with that 110%. Now for those that love pontoon boats, don't get me wrong, I like them too. But when your jack ass family decides to let the boat sit in the water for a few months because its too big for the lift in the dock, and it grows crud all over all three pontoons, it pissed you off. It was a pia to clean off then the toons are oxidized and need to be polished. Secondly during that same summer of 2010 it sat without a cover for the better part if the summer and the sun wreaked havoc on the upholstery. No rips, but sun stained and damaged like crazy, Now it didn't bother the guy I traded a single bit, but I am very anal about my stuff and like to take care of and keep clean all of my toys. I was looking at at least $3,000 to recover the seats. This VIP's seats are in great shape. Thirdly.... I know a lot of the older crowd likes to fish off of pontoons. Now that's fine but I'm not a fisherman. I like to cruise, swim, ski and tube, but no fishing. So this trade benefited my needs for a fast cruising, playing, ass kicking boat to a tee and the pontoon fit his needs of getting his and his friends family on the water.

No regrets! Taking her to the lake this next weekend.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
People Like This