My new ride.. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > My new ride..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #21
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1780 Times on 1098 Posts
Likes Given: 9875

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratrider View Post
If Bubba had a Prius...
Dude! I'd drive that! I can say one thing for it if nothing else, you would never lose it in a parking lot. I'd have to add a snorkel kit to it for some of the trails near me, but the looks on my friends' faces would be so worth it.

Readygirl, not bad, I myself would have gone used, but hey, you only live once. Now for the three questions I always ask:

1. How deep of a mud hole will it make it through?
2. How much sh!t can you load in the bed without breaking springs? I do mean that literally, I haul manure for the gardens, fresh off the farm.
3. Can you drag your house down the road behind you with it?

Note that gas mileage was not asked. After all, it is a truck.

Seriously though, nice truck. What features and drive train are in it? How is the ride? Actually considering a newer truck for the wife in the next year, planning on passing on her Dakota to her daughter when she gets her DL, so I'm kinda in the market for a newer truck for her. I'd rather that she had the newer vehicle, and I have the older one. I can fix my old truck on the side of the road if needed, she can't with her back like it is.

Me, I'll stick with the '92 F-150 I have now. I've kind of sworn off Ford since they did away with the 300 I-6 back in 1997. Those old sixes are almost indestructable, and they are torque monsters to say the least. Still, I think I may go out on Thursday to go test drive one of the Silverados at the local dealership. Check it out, and see if it is something that she would like.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

dango Likes This 
Old 05-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #22
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6946 Times on 3492 Posts
Likes Given: 7560

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
The transmission went out on my old 2500 yesterday,(288,000 miles )had it towed to a nearby dealership. Fell in love with this black beauty as soon as i seen it sitting in the lot. Went back today and picked it up...... With 2 jobs and school, i do a lot of driving, should save some $$ on gas compared to the old beast.....lol
Thats way too pretty to be a truck!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #23

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Congrats that's one nice looking pickup!

Old 05-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #24

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Very nice truck. Grats. I got a '13 ecoboost about 8 months ago(oct 31st). I haven't had any problems with it. "Apparently" they have fixed most if the issues with it. But as is I love it. It's got the max tow and off road packages. I've been thinking of some sort of snorkel system hehe(for the previously mentioned mud holes hehe).

As it is though. If you get a new/newer truck these days I think it'll serve you well. Make sure the regular bullet points are taken care of and maintained and you can beat the **** out of this new truck.

Last edited by activereality; 05-22-2013 at 01:24 PM.
dango Likes This 
Old 06-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1043 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
Good looking American truck.
I'm finding that they are less "American" then they used to be. I manage a collision shop and am seeing more and more of this every day. Still a nice truck though!
Old 06-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3461 Times on 1934 Posts
Likes Given: 19298

PICK-UP , GUNS , SELF EFFICIENT , MOTIVATED , HOT , MY , MY , MY..!

Wonder Woman no doubt..! .

Old 06-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #27

Liked 743 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
PICK-UP , GUNS , SELF EFFICIENT , MOTIVATED , HOT , MY , MY , MY..!

Wonder Woman no doubt..! .
HA...HA...Cant cook, like to hang out with the old farts at the LGS/RANGE, potty mouth, not a girlie girl, dont like to be asked where iv'e been, where i'm going, or how long i will be gone,etc. So.....must not be all that, or i wouldn't be single. I might be more trouble than im worth.....lol. But thanks for the comps my dango......

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

dango Likes This 
Old 06-16-2013, 04:18 AM   #28
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1780 Times on 1098 Posts
Likes Given: 9875

Quote:
HA...HA...Cant cook, like to hang out with the old farts at the LGS/RANGE, potty mouth, not a girlie girl, dont like to be asked where iv'e been, where i'm going, or how long i will be gone,etc. So.....must not be all that, or i wouldn't be single. I might be more trouble than im worth.....lol. But thanks for the comps my dango......
Your descriptions sounds like the way I describe my wife, all except for the can't cook part.. Keep going to the range. Even if you don't find Mr. Right there, any day shooting is not a wasted day.

As I said before, nice truck, even though ti is made by a company that dresses up it's problems.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:10 AM   #29
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1114 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I can do the cooking, what do you consider and old fart? I may qualify. Potty mouth, no problem means I don't have to watch mine. I was married to a girlie girl, didn't work out so well. Where you are going or where you been I wouldn't worry about. Would only want to know how long you will be gone so I know when to start worrying if you got run over by a train. Never met a woman that wasn't worth the "trouble".

By the way nice truck!!
Old 06-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #30
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing View Post
Should have bought a Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthjkf View Post
Amen!!!!!!1!!!1!!!1!!!1!
REAL trucks do NOT wear bowties!!!!

Single you say? Hmmmm......I'm a damn fine cook!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!