Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   my new (new to me) ride (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/my-new-new-me-ride-51343/)

dragunovsks 11-07-2011 02:13 PM

my new (new to me) ride

Just got a loan for a truck i been wanting, so im happier than a 2 petered billy goat. We test drove it and started the paperwork saturday but couldnt get a yah or nay from the bank so the dealer let us do a weekend test drive. Its the first 4 wheel drive truck ive ever owned and i cant wait to test er out in the white stuff.

2004 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4, power everything, 4.6 liter v8

dragunovsks 11-07-2011 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks
Just got a loan for a truck i been wanting, so im happier than a 2 petered billy goat. We test drove it and started the paperwork saturday but couldnt get a yah or nay from the bank so the dealer let us do a weekend test drive. Its the first 4 wheel drive truck ive ever owned and i cant wait to test er out in the white stuff.

2004 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4, power everything, 4.6 liter v8

Got it for, 11,900. For some reason it didnt upload the pic the first time so i had to quote myself to fix it

Attachment 34832

towboater 11-07-2011 02:19 PM

Congrats. Be carefull, 4wd will help ya get up hills, or back on the road if ya slide off.

towboater 11-07-2011 02:20 PM

Nice looking truck.

fireguy 11-07-2011 02:23 PM

Same color as my SportTrac. Good choice.

dragunovsks 11-07-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireguy
Same color as my SportTrac. Good choice.

My wife loves those, but she has an regular explorer

Overkill0084 11-07-2011 02:35 PM

Enjoy.
Caution: Even w/ 4x4, the laws of physics still apply. Too many people forget that around here. It takes a few storms to weed those people out.

dragunovsks 11-07-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overkill0084
Enjoy.
Caution: Even w/ 4x4, the laws of physics still apply. Too many people forget that around here. It takes a few storms to weed those people out.

Yep, 4x4 doesnt help if your sideways at 4,000 rpm

Saw that first hand in new mexico once. I was driving an 18 wheeler through Alamagordo NM when a 4x4 dodge came across the grass median sideways, slinging mud and snow everywhere. He had it on the floor and trying to counter steer like a madman. Its not good when you look in your drivers side mirror and see the side of your own trailer. Eek!

Ive lived in southern indiana my whole life so i can handle driving on the snow even in a 2wd if i have to.

CA357 11-07-2011 04:12 PM

Congratulations. As a former mountain dweller, I ask that you indulge me here. Four wheel drive is for getting out of trouble, not getting into it and something else to remember is to keep your speed down. If you're in 4WD, that means you should be going slow. Enjoy your new truck. ;)

dragunovsks 11-07-2011 04:21 PM

I dont plan on gettin into any trouble with, too nice of a truck for that. I mainly bought it for more interior room, cause when we had to haul something in my dakota my wife had to sit in the middle so the baby seat would properly work in the passenger seat. Makes it hard to shift gears. Of course the extra horsepower comes with it and is welcome cause i pull a trailer too