My Neighbor - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > My Neighbor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

The good thing is, now you know! You know more about him than he does you and you can prepare for anything that might happen given the circumstances. I wouldn't confront a guy on psych meds with a drinking problem and violent tendancies if it were me. Not that you couldn't handle it, but you may get unwanted attention.

Stay alert and maybe put some new security in place( lights,etc). Do you have a big dog?

Old 10-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I'm not sure I would confront him. I understand you wanted to get a messgae across but that could be asking for trouble and the last thing I would want is to get into an argument or a fight with a crazy. It may also create a grudge against you that currently isn't there. I think I would just keep a close eye on him and make sure to tell your wife to stay clear of the guy. If she doesn't shoot, teach her and get her a gun.
I agree with spittinfire.

First and foremost you cannot reason with a person who is off their psyche meds and acting out. They’re thinking and reasoning abilities are not operating like yours and mine.

You now know what you are living next too and need to protect you and your family. Hopefully they will not act out towards you and jeopardize your safety.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Gojubrian, good one with the lights. I've done that. Motion sensors with flood lamps.

I get nervous comin' into my own house late and drunk!

Old 10-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsearfoss View Post
Hopefully they will not act out towards you and jeopardize your safety.
Hence the fruitcake.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #15

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'd just cool it with the neighbor and watch the sh!t head real close. Glad the first encounter was without incident. Nut cases are running on adrenalin all the time...be very careful, they can have incredible strength and may be seemingly unaffected by the first or second shot!!

Two to the chest, one to the head.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:41 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Update:

A friend of our neighbor came by our house to give us an update. As of last night, he was still in the hospital and still unconscious. His pupils will dilate when a light is shone in his eyes, but he is essentially comatose. They are trying different combinations of meds on him.

He has Aspergers syndrome as well as being an alcoholic. He's prone to verbal abuse and rage, but he is now escalating towards physical violence. Apparently he's been assaultive to the neighbors on the other side of his house.

So, that's the 411 for right now.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-03-2009, 03:58 AM   #17

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

I am so glad I live where I do. I can leave the keys in my 'vette outside and not even think twice.

Old 10-03-2009, 04:00 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I've always wanted a Vette, where do you live?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-03-2009, 04:21 AM   #19

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Glad to hear he is being cared for CA. Had to look up Aspergers syndrome.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-03-2009, 04:37 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yeah, it's actually turning out to be pretty sad.