My knife for home defense - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > My knife for home defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Knife for Home Defense! Not a good idea! As a last resort it is fine! I always carry one but my first line defense is a "GUN"!But one would be gambling with disaster to bring a knife to a gun fight! If the perpetrator had a knife you can probably rely on he is fairly skilled with using it!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 04-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #12

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Awww- Them ain't knives

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 04-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 362 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I stash knives and blunt objects around the house. Good spot to hide a knife! If you're at your desk as much as I am though you might just want to carry a gun.
I usually have a shotgun next to me at all times in the house. We had a peeper not too long ago and it really threatened my family. They were even scared to come home. If you are scared to live in your own house, that is wrong and it needs to be fixed. Next time the peeper is going to be peeping into a bore.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 04-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Knife for Home Defense! Not a good idea! As a last resort it is fine! I always carry one but my first line defense is a "GUN"!But one would be gambling with disaster to bring a knife to a gun fight! If the perpetrator had a knife you can probably rely on he is fairly skilled with using it!

Guys let me correct this: THE KNIFE ISN'T MY PRIMARY HD WEAPON. IT IS A BACKUP. Some of you have failed to realize this Now you know.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Having a knife as a back up is a good idea, especially if you know how to use it.

A gun is great, when the attacker is at least a few yards away from you. What do you do if he's only a few inches away? What do you do if he grabs your gun? Thats where a knife comes in handy. When it comes to hand to hand combat, a knife is better than a gun since you don't have the time to aim, or really the distance to allow you to aim properly.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #16

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I stash knives and blunt objects around the house. Good spot to hide a knife! If you're at your desk as much as I am though you might just want to carry a gun.
OK, even YOU need to explain things sometimes notdku...

What "blunt objects" would one stash around the house? I just keep picturing a bowling trophy in my bathroom and, frankly, the stuff in there already is hard enough to make excuses for!

Old 04-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
OK, even YOU need to explain things sometimes notdku...

What "blunt objects" would one stash around the house? I just keep picturing a bowling trophy in my bathroom and, frankly, the stuff in there already is hard enough to make excuses for!
I picture a few ammo cans packed with sand and rocks. As well as some dummy grenades. I have always wondered if people have you cornered, to pick a dummy grenade up and act like it is real. "Don't move or we all go up". I wonder if this will work. Just don't let them see the milled hole at the bottom.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Molon,

Thant makes sense! I think it was the Title of the Thread that threw us! Anyway nice knife!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 04-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #19

Liked 290 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx

I picture a few ammo cans packed with sand and rocks. As well as some dummy grenades. I have always wondered if people have you cornered, to pick a dummy grenade up and act like it is real. "Don't move or we all go up". I wonder if this will work. Just don't let them see the milled hole at the bottom.
The dummy grenade would hurt like a SOB if you chucked at him plus he might think its real lol

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

Old 04-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #20

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Guys let me correct this: THE KNIFE ISN'T MY PRIMARY HD WEAPON. IT IS A BACKUP. Some of you have failed to realize this Now you know.
Figured that---
Knife guy myself- They're all over the place & 2 or three in both trucks
You just never know plus you can't cut rope 'n stuff with a gun ------

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET