My Kind'a Guy.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > My Kind'a Guy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 10:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default My Kind'a Guy.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-hero2508dec25,0,232353.story

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Great Story! +1 on that find.

I would be honored to buy such a man a drink of his choosing. I love his fighting spirit & willingness to protect what is his.

"We want to get a message out to other people. Be prepared. Keep your doors locked. And be alert.

His wife added, "And have a gun ready."

Great story - and to the two SOB's who would break into a couple's home on Christmas, I hope your death is slow, agonizing and a career in relation to deaths in an old folks home.

JD

Old 12-26-2008, 01:12 PM   #3

Really makes you think about where you keep the gun at home, if his gun had been in another back room, it could've turned out differently.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:29 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks! After my wife reads this, she won't nix me buying her an XD40.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Good man. Well done.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Thanks! After my wife reads this, she won't nix me buying her an XD40.
Might want to have her TRY a couple of weapons before you outright purchase one. There isn't anything wrong with the XD, but it does have a wide grip and your woman might not feel comfortable with it when trying to reach the mag release and trigger.

My gal has somewhat larger hands than "average" - but then she is 5'-10", so it goes with the package. In trying out a lot of guns at the range, she never shot before she met me, she just didn't like the wider grip, double stack models.

Of course she ended up talking me into getting her, her own 1911 in 9mm, but she was very "persuasive" in her arguments for it...

JD

Old 12-26-2008, 09:35 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Might want to have her TRY a couple of weapons before you outright purchase one. There isn't anything wrong with the XD, but it does have a wide grip and your woman might not feel comfortable with it when trying to reach the mag release and trigger.

My gal has somewhat larger hands than "average" - but then she is 5'-10", so it goes with the package. In trying out a lot of guns at the range, she never shot before she met me, she just didn't like the wider grip, double stack models.

Of course she ended up talking me into getting her, her own 1911 in 9mm, but she was very "persuasive" in her arguments for it...

JD
Interesting. I heard from the Glock boys that the XD had a smaller grip. That was the driving factor in selecting it. She has the hands for a G19 comfortably, but I'm not a fan of the nine as a stopping power round, even in hydrashock. Back to the drawing board on that one...but on a related note, she read the article and is officially inboard now

Old 12-26-2008, 09:42 PM   #8

In 124gr. or 135gr. the 9mm is fine for "detering" your average attacker and the limited recoil insures that she will shoot it and not be scared of it. Something you have to factor in because having the most powerful handgun in the world, sitting in a drawer at home, isn't going to do you any good in the mall parking lot.

My woman shoots regularly and knows how to put more than one round on target, so I am comfortable with her carrying it for self defense. She is actually one of my best students and does dry fire practice at least once a week here in the living room. Given what I paid for her pistol, she damn well better... LOL

JD

Old 12-27-2008, 02:09 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Since this happened in Florida, they should keelhaul those guys when they find them. It may discourage others.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-27-2008, 02:19 AM   #10

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

You know what they could do if they do find these scum bags.

Find a tall tree and get a short rope and as Charlie Daniels says "Let'em swing till the sun goes down".

What is this world comming to?