Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   My house got robbed today... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/my-house-got-robbed-today-73049/)

tri70 09-24-2012 02:14 AM

My house got robbed today...

I left with all my family, wife 3 kids to help my mom load up some furniture she bought at an auction. She needed my trailer for a piece that was really big and several small pieces of furniture. My dad was at the lake and on his way back in the cargo van. We left around 1:30 pm and returned around 7pm. I notice my change jar was completely empty, I asked the wife and kids if they had done it. They just gave me a blank look and said no, I had about $50 in change with $2 bills and 50 cent pieces, the gold looking $1 coins. I looked over at the jewelry box and one of the drawers had been pulled out and gone thru, they did find a couple of rings and now they are gone. It could have been much worse, I had a target mini 14 laying in the dining room floor and a range bag full of ammo. It was not taken nor any of my guns or hunting stuff. Our van was parked in the back by the door, it's the daily drive vehicle, if it's here, we are home. Somebody knew we left or just got lucky! I am lucky it just a few things. It seams someone young and on foot, they could not carry much. We have a dog tied to the front porch, golden retriever but he will bark loud. It's disturbing and a reality check! I need to go thru and securing better. We live in a small town, Mayberry like, I have only been robbed at night 1 time before and they took my change from my Jeep CJ7, soft top. I hate a thief! I made a police report and had a good chat with the cop. I don't trust my neighbors %100, but it seamed like some knew we were not there. They could have taken a lot more if they wanted, hard to say!:mad:

Rich1028 09-24-2012 02:35 AM

sorry to read about this.
I have been broken into twice throughout the years.
they took my change and left all the jars.
took some cd's and small money that I had stashed.
and jewlry.
cops where called,never heard anything back about it.

I hate the feeling that someone else was in my house...it's a strange feeling...I know!

silverado113 09-24-2012 02:37 AM

I hate that helpless feeling as well. I remember when I was a kid getting robbed 9 times in one year and the next year getting robbed at gunpoint.

trip286 09-24-2012 02:40 AM

I feel your pain man. I was robbed a couple of months ago myself. While house sitting for my sister to make sure she didn't get robbed! The *******s cooked all my bacon and drank my beer.

winds-of-change 09-24-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 952451)
I feel your pain man. I was robbed a couple of months ago myself. While house sitting for my sister to make sure she didn't get robbed! The *******s cooked all my bacon and drank my beer.

Really?........

winds-of-change 09-24-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri70 (Post 952421)
It could have been much worse, I had a target mini 14 laying in the dining room floor and a range bag full of ammo. It was not taken nor any of my guns or hunting stuff. We have a dog tied to the front porch, golden retriever but he will bark loud.

I always recommend all firearms be locked in a safe or with you for this very reason. One of my biggest fears is that my guns will be stolen.

And next time leave that big, ole dog in the house.

I'm sorry this happened. It seems it was someone who saw you leave.

PanBaccha 09-24-2012 12:27 PM

Your arrival back at the house is what precluded their full robbery. Otherwise your firearm would have been taken. Neighbors? Who knows? :confused:

primer1 09-24-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha
Your arrival back at the house is what precluded their full robbery. Otherwise your firearm would have been taken. Neighbors? Who knows? :confused:

If it was kids, they knew they couldn't sell a gun, as with trips situation. Just my theory.

robocop10mm 09-24-2012 01:28 PM

Neighbor kid. Look for one that is usually around, but is now strangely absent. Consider yourself lucky that you did not lose more. Thieving bastages.

willshoum 09-24-2012 01:54 PM

Alibi....

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 952451)

What day you said that was......Yes in deedy, I'm looking at ways to rid the hood of the local crack heads, i've had two bikes stolen in the last month. If I'd know that I wouldn't fry my own family, I'm thinking of the 120 hook up. Do people scream when they get the shock of thier life.......;)