Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > My first obstacle...!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2924 Times on 1679 Posts
Likes Given: 17318

Default My first obstacle...!

I went to meet with my wife to talk about using my shop..! It's heated and the perfect place to work..! I've got it wired for sound and it's just a pleasant way to work , love my music .

While I was there , old Mom stepped out to greet me..! Bad news .! She she stumbled at the top step and was headed to the concrete. Ground , (face plant).!
Eeeek..! I jumped in to catch her to break her fall.! She's ok , but when I caught her , I was an bad position.!

Well , I ripped my left bicep muscle..! I felt it rip , Ooooouh..!

Ok then ..! How long , 6 -8 weeks , what am I looking at..? I have to get in as soon as possible..! Anybody know what is involved ..? How long before therapy.?

Another question , ..? From the base Of my skull , to upper lumbar , I have extensive surgeries ..! What can I safely do to work on abdominal area..!

Oh yeah , I am seeing subtle changes in muscle mass , things are move along painfully slow but moving..!

Thanks and again , advice is appreciated..!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3644

I hate to hear that, but at least you saved her from a bad fall. Good man!! I can't help ya with your questions. Hopfully Doc will be along in a little bit.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

On the bright side , I got a back rub , a good meal and a shop to use.!
Must say , it really felt good to be touched again..!

This does give me some time to work on foot work and flexibility..!
Well , now , there is a Polish joke in there ..!

(THE ONE ARMED , UPSIDE-DOWN , WANNA BE WARRIOR)..! Daaauh..!

Old 06-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6575 Times on 3594 Posts
Likes Given: 12890

Why did the Polish guy save his mother-in-law from a fall?
He didn't know any better.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 06-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #5

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Did you express to the mrs your feelings? Maybe you can save your marriage if things were not that bad.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

dango Likes This 
Old 06-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #6

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Glad to hear you stepped in and saved your Mother in law from the face plant...Ouch!! on the bicep injury,depending how bad?? It could require surgery??
A friend of mine tore his bicep,he had to go in and have it surgically repaired,hopefully your injury isn't as severe.

Great news getting back into your shop,it's always nice to have a place to build,design,and repair stuff,I just couldn't get by without a shop.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70 View Post
Did you express to the mrs your feelings? Maybe you can save your marriage if things were not that bad.
We still love each other , but something's can not be ....forgotten .!
I guess it is my fault though.! After the first surgery , I was already looking and planing mty next adventure.! I more or less scared her. Away..! I literally drove her to Xanax , stress..! She really could not watch me suffer to get back up and be me again..! Eeeek.., ! A long painful rode back at that..!

The doctors didn't help , they had a very dim prognosis ..! They have their charts and education and by conditioning ,classifie all people's into categories..!
A-typical , 61year old male , what I should weight , how I should perceive , suggest how handicapped and limited I should be..!

Nothing personal , but , throw your chart away , does not apply , nothing typical going on here..! The power of the mind and determination varies from person to person..! Though we are all created equal , we do not react the same to given stimuli..! Nobody knows what I am willing to do or how stubborn i can be..!

Also , my body is not telling me I'm finished , done , kapok..! My body is telling me , (Dango , let us test the waters ) ..! I am truly sorry Debra , did not mean to scar the crap out of you , you must trust me and not them..!
We will always be loved , BUT...,

Old 06-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #8

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Take her with you on your healing adventure! I've been married 19 yrs to the same beautiful woman, I love more today than ever. Touching is a powerful feeling between your loved one. If touch frequently, hold hands, arm or back rub, footsies, or a soft pat. It builds a strong bond that is hard to go very long without. Your hurt physically now and may need her more than ever.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

dango Likes This 
Old 06-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
Glad to hear you stepped in and saved your Mother in law from the face plant...Ouch!! on the bicep injury,depending how bad?? It could require surgery??
A friend of mine tore his bicep,he had to go in and have it surgically repaired,hopefully your injury isn't as severe.

Great news getting back into your shop,it's always nice to have a place to build,design,and repair stuff,I just couldn't get by without a shop.
Oh it's bad..! I can see tissue lay at the pit of my arm , hurts pretty good..!HOW LONG AFTER SURGERY...! I set a very reasonable goal at two years..! That may of just changed..?,

I can still work lower half , legs , foot work , abdomen and stretching..! Just have to put sword and other things to the side..!

I am disgustingly patient..! Still though , how long do you think..?

Old 06-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #10

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

You need to have it looked at Dango. Some tears will heal by immobilization of the joint the muscle serves and others require surgery to repair and reattatch. My grandfather tore his and never had it checked (he was stubborn and tough) and he ended up with a permanent knot of muscle by his shoulder and greatly reduced strength in that arm .... go to the hospital