My Encounter With a True Piece of Human Garbage
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

My Encounter With a True Piece of Human Garbage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2016, 12:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 476 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 173

Default My Encounter With a True Piece of Human Garbage

There is a house being built next door to mine. There's a guy who stays there in a trailer with his dog - a large German Shepard - looks like a wolf. The trailer is next to my backyard fence. Sometimes the guy leaves the property on his motorcycle & he leaves the dog tied up to the trailer outside. I've petted the dog a couple of times, even though I'm a little afraid of him because sometimes he acts aggressive. The dog never has a collar, name tag with the owner's info...nothing. I've also said, "Hi" & "Good morning" to the guy several times while I'm in my back yard...even though he acts unfriendly.

Well, I'm out running some errands today & as I'm driving back home, I see the same dog running in the street, cars barely missing him & no one stopping to try to catch him because they're (understandably) afraid of him. I thought, "Maybe the dog will stop for me & won't hurt me because he might remember me." I stop & call the dog. He just looks at me & keeps going. I followed him for a few blocks & when he got tired of running, he stopped. I got out of my car slowly & started calling him. After a few seconds, he came to me. After petting him for a couple of minutes, he let me put a chain collar leash on him that I had in my trunk (My Lab died a few weeks ago). I put him in my car & drove back home. The dog's owner wasn't home. I saw how he got out - the thin leash the idiot tied him to was chewed off or it just snapped. I walked around the back yard with him for a few minutes to see if the owner might come home, then I brought him into my house so I could keep him from getting away again. Since I didn't know how long the owner would be gone, I wrote a note, telling him where his dog was so he wouldn't worry & to knock on my door when he gets home.

Here's where it gets interesting. While I'm in the guy's yard, about to tape my note to the trailer, the dog's owner arrives on his motorcycle. I said, "Hi...I found your dog in the street a couple of hours ago & kept him at my place so he wouldn't get run over."

He yells, "How the f--- did YOU get my dog?"

I said, "I just told you...you really think I'm returning your dog after I stole him?"

He GRABS my leash & yells..."My dog don't wear no f---ing leash...Take your f---ing leash!"

I said, "Why are you mad at me; I saved your dog's life...I found him in the street."

He yells, "My dog don't get out...don't give me that s---...I trained him."

I said, "OK...whatever you say."

People like that make me pro abortion.......

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2016, 12:08 AM   #2

Liked 217 Times on 108 Posts

the proverbial jerk with dents on every side of his car and a very short fuse. I have met a few.

dango Likes This 
Old 02-04-2016, 12:51 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1606 Times on 938 Posts
Likes Given: 269

no good deed goes unpunished.
People Like This 
Old 02-04-2016, 01:05 AM   #4

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Methinks the a** could use a visit from the animal welfare crew or even (God forbid) the Humane Society. Shame the S-O-B himself doesn't break out and play among traffic; he's going to be a long-term PITA as a neighbor. The lesson, of course, is next time the dog goes on French Leave, stay out of the picture. As a CYA, though, I might be tempted to go to the nearest precinct house and have a discussion with someone about my dealings to date with the neighbor. Dog goes missing again, you know you'll be named as a "person of interest" by Mr. Personality.

Last edited by MemphisJim1; 02-06-2016 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Correct a typo.
People Like This 
Old 02-04-2016, 01:13 AM   #5
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10095 Times on 5414 Posts
Likes Given: 21403

You can solve this problem with one phone call.
People Like This 
Old 02-04-2016, 01:33 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5020 Times on 2696 Posts
Likes Given: 24580

I have lived in many places around the country and there is one in every neighborhood . My goal was to move out into the country with some space to be comfortable with privacy !

I love it out here , about 21 miles from town and not anyone too close on any side ! We all seem to be out here for the same reason , me and my other 178 people that make up the whole township !

Don't let this guy bother and it's not the dogs fault , stupid owners !
People Like This 
Old 02-04-2016, 01:58 AM   #7

Liked 2809 Times on 1602 Posts
Likes Given: 2150

Seems like there are an endless supply of folks in the

world who come far short of their pets on intelligence,

integrity, loyalty, decency, tact, and manners.

Ever heard of the old expression "The best revenge is living

well."? The upside of that saying is that I feel sorry for folks

like your neighbor, because he was unpleasant to you(when

he could have been making himself a friend, BTW) for only

a few moments, but he'll have to live with himself for the rest

of his life...
People Like This 
Old 02-04-2016, 02:37 AM   #8

Liked 476 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisJim1 View Post
Methinks the a** could use a visit from the animal welfare crew or even (God forbid) the Humane Society. Shame the S-O-B himself doesn't break out and play among traffic; he's going to be a long-term PITA as a neighbor. The lesson, of course, is nect time the dog goes on French Leave, stay out of the picture. As a CYA, though, I might be tempted to go to the nearest precinct house and have a discussion with someone about my dealings to date with the neighbor. Dog goes missing again, you know you'll be named as a "person of interest" by Mr. Personality.
He won't be a neighbor; he's just staying on the property in a trailer while the house is being built. (the house is out of his price range-by around four million.)
People Like This 
Old 02-04-2016, 02:43 AM   #9
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10095 Times on 5414 Posts
Likes Given: 21403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota1 View Post
(the house is out of his price range-by around four million.)
That's more than my house cost!
Old 02-04-2016, 03:20 AM   #10

Liked 521 Times on 355 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Could of taken a couple phone photos of his dog and its wanderings, our northwest Alaskan city of 3200 has ordinance stipulates all dog's must be confined in a kennel, building or be on a chain, if off its chain must be on a leash, tieing out a dog on a fabric leash or rope is useless as a dog teeth can slice through those like butter, our ordinances went from lax to one the strictist in the state after a careless dog owner's dog with puppies attacked, killed a young boy.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/alaska_news/in-kotzebue-where-child-was-killed-in-mauling-loose-dogs/article_7ba6338c-1f01-11e3-a247-001a4bcf6878.html

http://blog.dogsbite.org/2013/09/2013-dog-bite-fatality-5-year-old-alaska-boy-mauled-to-death-by-dog.html?m=1

dango Likes This