My dad wrote/is writing a book.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > My dad wrote/is writing a book.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default My dad wrote/is writing a book.

Ok so this is old news to me but my dad has been working on a book for a long time. He is almost done editing it(he want to have it uploaded and finished by the end of the week.) He has been speaking with a publisher as well. THIS BOOK IS MEANT FOR GUYS. That being said I think some of you guys should check it out. Im not sure how I would describe it but it is basically a funny book about divorce,ex's,women,girlfriends,wives etc. He read a few chapters in front of some of his friends and a few girls they all thought it was good and said they cant wait to read more. So Ill see if he can email me a sample of it so you guys can check it out. Like i said im probably not using the right words to describe it but you guys can see it for yourself. Anyone interested?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #2

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

After two divorces and two long term relationships, I got my own book. Your dad's book should be interesting.

NEVER FORGET

Old 09-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #3

Yes, I would be interested.
I have written two books, bothe published within the last two years. They are available on Amazon (as well as a few other on line book stores). You can check out the reviews there. One is titled "Of Children and Unicorns,
and the other is a book of poetry titled, "O'Sullivan's Place." My pen name is Joe Robert. If you would like to have a personally autographed copy of either one, send me a pm.
cottontop

Old 09-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Ok so this is old news to me but my dad has been working on a book for a long time. He is almost done editing it(he want to have it uploaded and finished by the end of the week.) He has been speaking with a publisher as well. THIS BOOK IS MEANT FOR GUYS. That being said I think some of you guys should check it out. Im not sure how I would describe it but it is basically a funny book about divorce,ex's,women,girlfriends,wives etc. He read a few chapters in front of some of his friends and a few girls they all thought it was good and said they cant wait to read more. So Ill see if he can email me a sample of it so you guys can check it out. Like i said im probably not using the right words to describe it but you guys can see it for yourself. Anyone interested?
I'm a published author, winner of three book accolades. I can say the publishing industry is not what it use to be, as reading in this country, especially amongst the computer generation is quite low. But I would like to read a sample of your father's manuscript when posted on FTF. Every man has a story within him dying to get out. Good luck to him.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #5

My dad wants to have the book uploaded and ready to sell by the end of the weekend. I will have a link for you guys that are interested by october 5th. Who know's, if its real succesful maybe he can buy that dream cabin in nashville he's always wanted .

Old 09-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #6

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Sounds cool! I'm excited to check it out.

-Matt

Old 09-17-2012, 04:05 AM   #7
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8272 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10695

My dad was writing a book for over 40 years, and then died last week with it unfinished and unpublished. We are in the process of trying to recover his last writings of it off of his computer and then seeing what we can do to get it published. It has to do with human behavior, logic and brain function. I did read some of it several years ago but nothing since then. I dearly regret that he had not been able to see it in print himself before he passed on.

Your father is very lucky that he will see his work in print, successful or not.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
My dad was writing a book for over 40 years, and then died last week with it unfinished and unpublished. We are in the process of trying to recover his last writings of it off of his computer and then seeing what we can do to get it published. It has to do with human behavior, logic and brain function. I did read some of it several years ago but nothing since then. I dearly regret that he had not been able to see it in print himself before he passed on.

Your father is very lucky that he will see his work in print, successful or not.
Wow, im sorry for your loss. His book sounds interesting.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #9

http://www.amazon.com/How-Screw-Your-Without-Having/dp/1468007939/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349533931&sr=8-1&keywords=How+to+screw+your+ex+without+having+s ex

It's on amazon! Help my dad out and buy a copy!

Old 10-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #10

Anyone ???

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.