Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   My computer was hit by a Trojan (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/my-computer-hit-trojan-83149/)

danf_fl 02-02-2013 12:26 PM

My computer was hit by a Trojan

The trojan "took" over any search engine I tried to use.

Bing or google kept taking me to another search engine.

It didn't matter if I used IE9, or Google Chrome.

The only way I could get rid of it was to halt my AVG software and run Rogue Killer.

I have AVG-Free, and use CCleaner and Malwarebytes regularly.

Just a heads up.

mountainman13 02-02-2013 12:28 PM

Ah sh!t. I use the same security. I use Firefox for a search engine. I find it is more secure.

rangerXLT91_05 02-02-2013 06:05 PM

AVG isn't really that good anymore, what I use is Avast! which works real well. It's a bit proactive too, if it detects anything potentially harmful on a site it'll block the site and warn you before you can enter. I also use google chrome but some people have various experiences with it, though I love the way it works. Just a heads up IE is known to be very insecure, since it's so common people have found numerous ways to tamper with it.

dango 02-02-2013 06:42 PM

Some how , that sounds perverted........! :eek:

Rick1967 02-02-2013 06:44 PM

I use Mcafee. I got the same virus. They charged me another $89.00 to remove it remotely. I will be switching to Norton 360 when my subscription runs out. I felt that they should have removed it for free becuase I bought their software. They refused to fix it wthout being paid. I will never give them another dime.

winds-of-change 02-02-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dango (Post 1120794)
Some how , that sounds perverted........! :eek:

Really. At least it used a condom.

But seriously, my computer was hit by a virus only once many years ago. I think my kids had to unload and reload everything. It was a terrible pain in the butt if I remember right.

DFlynt 02-02-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 1120796)
I use Mcafee. I got the same virus. They charged me another $89.00 to remove it remotely. I will be switching to Norton 360 when my subscription runs out. I felt that they should have removed it for free becuase I bought their software. They refused to fix it wthout being paid. I will never give them another dime.

I hate Mcafee, installed their software on my comp once...it corrupted the data on my HD so badly I had to reformat the bloody thing just to get the comp working again. Since then I have stayed the heck away from them.

Renegade44 02-02-2013 06:53 PM

Mcaffee attaches itself to other files and slows your computer down. I have used Norton for the last 3 years with no issues.

dango 02-02-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade44 (Post 1120812)
Mcaffee attaches itself to other files and slows your computer down. I have used Norton for the last 3 years with no issues.

I HATE "Mcaffee" ! :mad:

AR10 02-02-2013 08:04 PM

In the 1890's, a gang in Chicago would ask you if you wanted Glass insurance, if you were a store keeper. The store keepers would say no, and during the night, all the glass would be broken out, and that keep up, every night, until the store keepers signed up for the insurance. Those gangs, today run the insurance companies we all pay into. True story.

Computer virus protection is the same scam. The bugs are built by them, so we buy their protection.