My Brief And Underwhelming Video Career!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > My Brief And Underwhelming Video Career!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8195 Times on 4732 Posts
Likes Given: 10552

Default My Brief And Underwhelming Video Career!

Just ran across this old music video that I was an extra in back in 1984. I was only partially visible in a few fleeting frames, but I was there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaTQAaJWW54

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Cattledog Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7036 Times on 4235 Posts
Likes Given: 8481

Tell me the time marker on the video where I can see you.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #3

0:41- 0:44, I am the skinny shorts on the beach towel behind the chick (that took an agonizing hour of filming for that shot) and then I am one of the guys playing volleyball at 0:54 or thereabouts. I am the guy in the foreground from 3:08 to 3:12. There were a couple of other spots. Hard to remember them all(this was nearly 30 years ago), let alone catch them in the video!

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 05-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #4

Liked 721 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 768

Theres no DeLorean in that video...

Did you get to meet Huey or just lay there?

Old 05-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Theres no DeLorean in that video...
That albu
Quote:
m was released a couple of years before the movie as I recall.
Quote:
Did you get to meet Huey or just lay there?
I met Huey. He was mixing with the crowd and talking to everybody. Some of the other band members were dicks though. But Huey was cool. The video shoot literally took a whole day. A girl I knew back then found out about it and we cut school to be there. She was a hopping big Huey Lewis fan and since I was the only one she knew who would cut school at the drop of a hat and had my own car- plus she was like a little sister to me- well, that's how it all happened. It was filmed on Cowell Beach in Santa Cruz and on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Huey is still touring these days.

Quote:

Old 05-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

I wouldn't call it underwhelming ...Huey Lewis is awesome! I cant say I ever met Huey Lewis

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-09-2013, 03:13 AM   #7

Liked 721 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
That album was released a couple of years before the movie as I recall.

I met Huey. He was mixing with the crowd and talking to everybody. Some of the other band members were dicks though. But Huey was cool. The video shoot literally took a whole day. A girl I knew back then found out about it and we cut school to be there. She was a hopping big Huey Lewis fan and since I was the only one she knew who would cut school at the drop of a hat and had my own car- plus she was like a little sister to me- well, that's how it all happened. It was filmed on Cowell Beach in Santa Cruz and on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Huey is still touring these days.
Thats pretty cool!!

This is the first Huey song ive seen a video for, and now I think all his vids need a DeLorean..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXAMyfpuxZI

Old 05-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Thats pretty cool!!

This is the first Huey song ive seen a video for, and now I think all his vids need a DeLorean..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXAMyfpuxZI
LOL! The funny part about what you said is that the video was made back when MTV was brand new (heck, back then MTV was commercial free!) and videos were being produced pretty much right alongside the song itself at the time. MTV changed music in a lot of ways, one being that it pretty much did away with nonsensical lyrics for the most part. Or at least it seems that way to me.

Quote: