Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Mustang mods? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/mustang-mods-97446/)

sputnik1988 09-22-2013 10:21 AM

Mustang mods?

1 Attachment(s)
I've been really itching to upgrade my car lately, I've had it for 6 1/2 years bone stock save for the tinted windows so I figure it's time:rolleyes:

No pics of it specifically but I have a few of one that's identical, anyway I'm looking for mod ideas that are reasonably affordable both atheistically and performance wise. Anybody got anything?

And yes it is a V6... 4.0L. 220 Hp.

So far I'm looking at a Steeda cold air intake, Hurst short shifter some sort of bumper change and dual exhaust, nothing too loud though, V6s tend to be obnoxious when the volume gets up there. I'll shut up now, on with the ideas;).

sputnik1988 09-22-2013 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One more.....

rockratt 09-22-2013 02:12 PM

Flow Master's can even make a V6 sound good......

donthav1 09-24-2013 04:36 AM

check with diablosport to see if they have a tuner for your car. I bought one for my 3.5L Charger & it can make a world of difference in power & the delivery of it. plus It has a scan tool built in so you can read & clear error codes yourself. you can also change the rev limiter, speed limiter, correct the speedometer if changing tires/wheels, plus a ton of other stuff that I haven't figured out yet.

worth the price if you ask me.

sputnik1988 09-25-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donthav1 (Post 1381487)
check with diablosport to see if they have a tuner for your car. I bought one for my 3.5L Charger & it can make a world of difference in power & the delivery of it. plus It has a scan tool built in so you can read & clear error codes yourself. you can also change the rev limiter, speed limiter, correct the speedometer if changing tires/wheels, plus a ton of other stuff that I haven't figured out yet.

worth the price if you ask me.

Thanks, ill check it out. Any vendor that you recommend?

aruiz42 09-25-2013 01:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of my 2013

I got a offroad h pipe ... Magnaflow catback... Airaid cold air intake... And a few other things I can't remember... Ever heard of mustang revolution? It's and awesome forum I was a part of till I joined here... BTW I got it tuned by bama.... Really awakens the car... Check out Americanmuscle.com

deadsp0t 09-25-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aruiz42
Here's a picture of my 2013 I got a offroad h pipe ... Magnaflow catback... Airaid cold air intake... And a few other things I can't remember... Ever heard of mustang revolution? It's and awesome forum I was a part of till I joined here... BTW I got it tuned by bama.... Really awakens the car... Check out Americanmuscle.com

Listen to this guy... Mustang tuners use SCT not Diablo, they're kinda of a red headed step child in the mustang community. Steeda offers free tunes for life like American Muscle.
Ppl in the know will tell you steeda makes more power with the same reliability, plus Steeda has an on going relationship with Ford making special serialized vehicles, sorta like Saleen and Roush.
If your in need if a friendly and very knowledgable forum for Mustangs let me know.

I've had 3 Mustangs. Two 95 GT's and an 87' LX 5.0. Currently on the second 95 GT.
:cool:

aruiz42 09-25-2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Listen to this guy... Mustang tuners use SCT not Diablo, they're kinda of a red headed step child in the mustang community. Steeda offers free tunes for life like American Muscle. Ppl in the know will tell you steeda makes more power with the same reliability, plus Steeda has an on going relationship with Ford making special serialized vehicles, sorta like Saleen and Roush. If your in need if a friendly and very knowledgable forum for Mustangs let me know. I've had 3 Mustangs. Two 95 GT's and an 87' LX 5.0. Currently on the second 95 GT. :cool:

Thanks... First mustang... I would go with steeds if I had to do it again but got American muscle for a heck of a deal on Black Friday... Just make sure that the company offers free tunes for as long as you have it... I've heard only bad stuff about Diablo and chips... We are too advanced into tuning nowadays to have canned tunes... Again mustang forums are awesome!!! Any questions ask me or this guy I'm quoting sounds quite knowledgeable... And most bolt on mods you should be able to do yourself... Mechanics overcharge by a lot!!!

bigbomar4 09-25-2013 03:55 AM

Sell it and buy a Camaro. J/K

A good tune will be the biggest power adder you can get without going deep in the engine.