Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > must see Ice pack breaking up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Please Explain How This Is Possible

When does ice break in a straight line? Maybe when it's cut by a laser? These Washington fools will do anything to promote global warming

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Last edited by Chester; 04-01-2008 at 03:13 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2008, 10:45 PM   #2

Ice packs break up all the time. So do glaciers. They also form, or add ice constantly. Sad how the fanatics take an everyday, natural occurrence and play "Chicken Little" with it. I haven't seen an ice pack yet that they're moaning about that isn't actually GROWING in size.

Bunch of morons...

Old 04-01-2008, 11:05 PM   #3

if you really think about it , its kinda kool mother earth doing her thing like she has 4ever no need to worry

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
-Mark Twain

Old 04-01-2008, 11:29 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I've never been to Antartica, but I have been above the Arctic Circle in Alaska. I've never seen sheet ice that has been cut like that. Obviously the looney left feeding more propaganda to the usefull idiots. I'm surprised they didn't show footage of poor stranded and starving Penguins.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 04-02-2008, 03:21 AM   #5

That ice was broken off like that because a river formed between whats left in the video and what broke off. The water flowing in what started inside the ice created a hole that got larger and larger until the part that's now in the water snapped off. Yeah sometimes these rivers inside the ice flow in a straight line. I hope I explained this so you can understand. If not watch the Discovery Channel sometime. They are always talking about how the glaciers are falling apart from the warming temps and how. Global warming? who knows. But I can tell you first hand, there is alot of stuff melting around the world lately.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I talked with a meteorologist, A real weather man. He told me there is no such thing as global warming

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 04-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby62 View Post
That ice was broken off like that because a river formed between whats left in the video and what broke off. The water flowing in what started inside the ice created a hole that got larger and larger until the part that's now in the water snapped off. Yeah sometimes these rivers inside the ice flow in a straight line. I hope I explained this so you can understand. If not watch the Discovery Channel sometime. They are always talking about how the glaciers are falling apart from the warming temps and how. Global warming? who knows. But I can tell you first hand, there is alot of stuff melting around the world lately.
Does that explain the 90 degree cuts?

Chester

Old 04-02-2008, 11:24 PM   #8

I didn't think I explained it right lol. It's like the ice luge at the end of the party.All the shots created a deeper path. cutting the ice deeper and deeper.
I hope that helps. I'm just trying to find a short way of explaining what I read in National Geographic and watched on the Discovery Channel. I know I'm not making any sense. I kinda like the laser theory!

Old 04-03-2008, 12:07 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So you think politicians are cutting the Antarctic ice with giant lasers to promote global warming?

Old 04-03-2008, 03:23 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I thought the Ice Cube company was harvesting next years martinis.