Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   must see Ice pack breaking up (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/must-see-ice-pack-breaking-up-3926/)

Chester 04-01-2008 01:22 PM

Please Explain How This Is Possible

When does ice break in a straight line? Maybe when it's cut by a laser? These Washington fools will do anything to promote global warming

teknoid 04-01-2008 10:45 PM

Ice packs break up all the time. So do glaciers. They also form, or add ice constantly. Sad how the fanatics take an everyday, natural occurrence and play "Chicken Little" with it. I haven't seen an ice pack yet that they're moaning about that isn't actually GROWING in size.

Bunch of morons...

gnoll 04-01-2008 11:05 PM

if you really think about it , its kinda kool mother earth doing her thing like she has 4ever no need to worry

pioneer461 04-01-2008 11:29 PM

I've never been to Antartica, but I have been above the Arctic Circle in Alaska. I've never seen sheet ice that has been cut like that. Obviously the looney left feeding more propaganda to the usefull idiots. :cool: I'm surprised they didn't show footage of poor stranded and starving Penguins.

kirby62 04-02-2008 03:21 AM

That ice was broken off like that because a river formed between whats left in the video and what broke off. The water flowing in what started inside the ice created a hole that got larger and larger until the part that's now in the water snapped off. Yeah sometimes these rivers inside the ice flow in a straight line. I hope I explained this so you can understand. If not watch the Discovery Channel sometime. They are always talking about how the glaciers are falling apart from the warming temps and how. Global warming? who knows. But I can tell you first hand, there is alot of stuff melting around the world lately.

Chester 04-02-2008 06:26 PM

I talked with a meteorologist, A real weather man. He told me there is no such thing as global warming

Chester 04-02-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirby62 (Post 20597)
That ice was broken off like that because a river formed between whats left in the video and what broke off. The water flowing in what started inside the ice created a hole that got larger and larger until the part that's now in the water snapped off. Yeah sometimes these rivers inside the ice flow in a straight line. I hope I explained this so you can understand. If not watch the Discovery Channel sometime. They are always talking about how the glaciers are falling apart from the warming temps and how. Global warming? who knows. But I can tell you first hand, there is alot of stuff melting around the world lately.

Does that explain the 90 degree cuts?

kirby62 04-02-2008 11:24 PM

I didn't think I explained it right lol. It's like the ice luge at the end of the party.All the shots created a deeper path. cutting the ice deeper and deeper.
I hope that helps. I'm just trying to find a short way of explaining what I read in National Geographic and watched on the Discovery Channel. I know I'm not making any sense. I kinda like the laser theory!

Quasi 04-03-2008 12:07 AM

So you think politicians are cutting the Antarctic ice with giant lasers to promote global warming?

GlenJohnson 04-03-2008 03:23 AM

I thought the Ice Cube company was harvesting next years martinis. :cool: