muslims upset over "Jesus" rifles
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > muslims upset over "Jesus" rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default muslims upset over "Jesus" rifles

Thousands of marines wield rifles with Bible verses inscribed on them. CAIR has already complained about it, saying that it suggests that America is at war with Islam. Some secular groups are also angry about this. Here's some snippets containing the first half of this intriguing news article:

Muslim groups reacted angrily Wednesday after it emerged that the U.S. military is using combat rifle sights inscribed with coded Biblical references.

Army officials have said they will investigate whether a Michigan defense contractor violated federal procurement rules by stamping references to Bible verses on the gun sights used by American forces to kill enemy fighters in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations on Wednesday said the continued use of the sights with the religious references would send a negative message to the Muslim world.

"The use of military equipment with hidden Bible references sends the false message to Muslims worldwide that we are at war with Islam," said CAIR Legal Counsel Nadhira Al-Khalili. "In addition, these sights are a potential recruiting tool for anti-American forces, endanger our troops and alienate our Muslim allies. They should we withdrawn as soon as logistically possible."

The Marine Corps, another major customer of the telescoping sights that allow troops to pinpoint targets day or night, says service acquisition officials plan to meet with Trijicon to discuss future purchases of the company's gear.

"If determined to be true, this is clearly inappropriate and we are looking into possible remedies," Commander Darryn James, a Pentagon spokesman, told AFP.

The references have stoked concerns by a watch dog group about whether the inscriptions break a government rule that bars proselytizing by American troops. But military officials said the citations don't violate the ban and they won't stop using the tens of thousands of telescoping sights that have already been bought.

The codes were used as "part of our faith and our belief in service to our country," Trijicon said.

"As long as we have men and women in danger, we will continue to do everything we can to provide them with both state-of-the-art technology and the never-ending support and prayers of a grateful nation," a company spokesman said on condition of anonymity.

Trijicon said it has been longstanding company practice to put the Scripture citations on the equipment. Tom Munson, Trijicon's director of sales and marketing, said the company has never received any complaints until now.

"We don't publicize this," Munson said in a recent interview. "It's not something we make a big deal out of. But when asked, we say, 'Yes, it's there.'"

The inscriptions are subtle and appear in raised lettering at the end of the stock number. Trijicon's rifle sights use tritium, a radioactive form of hydrogen, to create light and help shooters hit what they're aiming for.

Markings on the Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight, which is standard issue to U.S. special operations forces, include "JN8:12," a reference to John 8:12: "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, 'I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life,'" according to the King James version of the Bible.

The Trijicon Reflex sight is stamped with 2COR4:6, a reference to part of the second letter of Paul to the Corinthians: "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ," the King James version reads.

Muslims Angry Over U.S. Military 'Jesus' Rifles - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

What a bunch of bull! The more I experience the muslim community the more I wish they would just go away.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-21-2010, 10:47 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I don't see why they care since Jesus is just a prophet to them anyhow.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Personally, I think it's fitting that these "Jesus" rifles send them to meet Allah...

Old 01-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

You know by us even reading that gives them more ammo.

LET ME PUSH THE RED BUTTON. PLEASE let me let me let me........

Old 01-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #6

...We are at war w/ Islam Terrorist...I did not know that about Trijicon. Since they support Jesus, I'm going to support them and start buying their products every chance I get!!

Old 01-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #7

Liked 1164 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 366

I'm trying to grasp this concept. They are OK with projectiles being fired at people with the purpose of causing death to another human being. But they are NOT OK with certain words being written on a piece of metal?

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 01-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9852&stc=1&d=126408078 8
Hi Power.jpg

Nudge nudge, wink, wink, say no more.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Last edited by hunter Joe; 02-22-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Amen....new mag, reload, Amen....new mag, reload....

NEXT!

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

What I really, REALLY want, is ammo with biblical references on it. If I can get some FMJ with a depiction of the Last Supper, I'm buying a case.