Musical acts you've paid to see live.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Musical acts you've paid to see live.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Default Musical acts you've paid to see live.

When I started going to concerts, I used to have to save up to buy a ticket, gas and a shirt. I think the first concert I went to was the Scorpions and I paid $18.00 for the ticket and probably nearly the same for a shirt. Luckily, leaded gas was still around and cheap.

The last concert I went to was Rush and I believe the ticket price was $140 or so. Gas, beer, hotel room and a shirt for my nephew probably ran me upwards of $300.

So, I ask thee music lovers. Who have you paid to see perform live over the years? (not sure I can name them all)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2010, 04:24 AM   #2

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Wow, if only I could remember them all. Grew up in Philly so naturally I was at Live Aid in '85. Day started with Joan Baez singing Amazing Grace at sunrise and ended with...oh hell I don't remember. Lot's of great music in-between.

Through the years I saw most of the popular bands from the 70's and 80's, Eric Clapton, Warren Zevon, Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Chicago, Genesis, Billy Joel, Black Sabbath, Greatful Dead, Flock of Seagulls, The Cars, The Kinks, George Thoroughgood, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, Queen, Foreigner, Styx, Journey...88 Special, Skynyrd, Rossington-Collins,
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 02-19-2010 at 04:38 AM.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:34 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

well not many bands travel near me so the only one iv'e been able to see so far was Tool.
$50 for the ticket,1.75hr. (~150 mi.)drive each way,dinner before,and i left my wallet in the car so i couldn't get a shirt

Old 02-19-2010, 04:45 AM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

1980 or 1981, not sure of the date. Went to see J. Geils Band and the band that opened for them.......U2, who had just released their first album in the U.S. (Boy) and the song I Will Follow was all over the airwaves.

Also in 80 or 81....massive concert of 6 bands at the Colliseum in Lost Angeles. Black Sabbath (post Ozzie) sucked. Molly Hatchet rocked the hell out of the place. Journey cruised through a few sets. Can't remember the other bands. A group of us took some "special" cigarettes with us and the rest of the day is unremembered. The only thing I took home with me was a nearly terminal case of sunburn.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Not in order.
Ozzy,Scorpions,Van Halen with Roth then Hagar. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Great White, Poison, Saxxon, Armored Saint, Heretic, Molly Hatchet, Bad Company,`Aerosmith, Chicago (orig. lineup) BB King, Metallica, Queen, Billy Squire, AC-DC, Motorhead, Ted Nugent, Rush, Joe Satriani, Guns and Roses, Tesla and I'm sure one or two I cant remember right now. Just worked a 12 hour shift..

BEST onstage show = Queen. Outstanding stage show !!

LOUDEST = Tie.. Motorhead and Judas Priest.

WORST = Tie..Guns and Roses. Axl started a riot. Metallica- opened for Ozzy and sound quality was the worst ever heard !!

HOTTEST WOMEN at a concert.. HANDS DOWN ... MOTLEY CRUE !!

Lived in L.A. for 41 years. Got to see many groups there..

Old 02-19-2010, 06:22 AM   #6

Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

As best I can recall, the time I paid to go to live perfomances was in the early 1970's and through the mid 1980's were:

Led Zepplin, The Doobie Brothers (with Carl Johnston as lead guitarist),Journey, Pat Travers, Frank Zappa, Greatful Dead, Boston, ELO, Gordon Lightfoof, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Duran Duran (wifes choice), Willie Nelson, Almomd Brothers, .38 Special, Fleetwood Mac, Rush, Deep Purple, Depesch Mode (wifes choice again), Brooks and Dunn, Kenny Rodgers, The Guess Who, Rolling Stones, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jeff Beck, Robin Trower, Santanna, Aerosmith, Paul McCartny (Wings), Queen, The Cult, B-52's, Montrose, The Cars, Cheap Trick, Traffic, Creedence Clearwater, John Denver (had free tickets with friends), The Tubes, Nazareth, BB King, James Brown, Tower of Power, Chicago, Jethero Tull, Steppenwolf, Stepen Stills, David Bowie (wifes choice during Ziggy Stardust era) , Cream, Jefferson Airplane /Starship

Hell, thats all I can remember for now, probably a few other performances I was at during this time frame but I'm suffering from CRS at presrnt or too many brain cells ago.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:02 AM   #7

My first concert ever....Stryper/Bulletboys. Back in 1988 I think.
Last concert....Hatebreed/Cannibal Corpse/Hate Eternal/Undying last Dec.
If I mention all the bands I have paid to see I will need my own website for it.
I'm a concert freak.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:07 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

way back when: Ricky Scaggs; Waylon, Willie, and George Jones; Kenny Rogers with Gallagher opening; Eddie Rabbit; Eddie Raven; River Dance; Alabama (like 3 times); Reba;

Recent: Cetic Women; Ricochet (about 5 times); Lee Greenwood; others at NFR Hoe Down in Las Vegas and Rodeos but I can't remember who right now.

Worked: Rolling Stones; George Strait with Dixie Chicks and a bunch of others; some others, but I can't remember who.

Would give anything to see Jimmy Buffet but he doesn't get anywhere close.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Last edited by Glasshartt; 02-19-2010 at 07:11 AM.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The WHO, in Houston sometime back in 1972 or 73. Awesome!

Old 02-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #10

Since I have different assets to offer I have been to many concerts and not paid for any of them. LOVE being a girl.