Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Music Type (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/music-type-29595/)

Josey Wales '94 07-23-2010 01:32 AM

Music Type

Mine's Classic Rock/ any country before the 1990's, it just went to hell after that. Never listen to anythin after the 90's except some Kevin Fowler other than that its Waylon, Merle, Tex Ritter, Blackfoot, Bad Co., LED ZEPPELIN and many many others...... You?

AusLach 07-23-2010 01:51 AM

I listen to a mixture but here's what's most popular on my iPod...
Classic Rock/Pop; The Stones, Cream, The Who, Billy Joel, The Pixies, The Doors, Neil Diamond
Pop/Rock; The Killers, U2, Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon, Coldplay
Aussie Stuff; Spiderbait, Silverchair, Eskimoe Joe, Pete Murray, Powderfinger

TheDaggle 07-23-2010 02:09 AM

I'm all over the board. My CD case has everything from bagpipe ensembles to early era punk to opera....

danf_fl 07-23-2010 02:13 AM

As long as some thought went into composition. Rap need not apply for a position.

ironmaiden 07-23-2010 02:28 AM

I like some different kinds...bluegrass, alt. rock. classic rock, heavy metal.

I am a big fan of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Def Leppard (early stuff).

Josey Wales '94 07-23-2010 02:35 AM

Man, I knew Ya'll had great taste!:)

AusLach 07-23-2010 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowryde45 (Post 319031)
+ a gazillion. My roots are in Classic rock, early metal, R&B, Jazz Fusion, Blues, etc. and I can even listen to some pre-90's CW. But leave out the RAP crap and the COOKIE-MONSTER butt-head rock.

Bring back some actual musical talent, both in playing and singing. Give me something I can hum along to if I don't know the lyrics. Something that you find yourself tapping your toe to, or whistling the tune.

Not something that will leave you GRINDING your head against the cheese grater, or wanting to go out and POP-a-CAP in the nearest south end of a north bound honkie.

Even the hair-bands of the 80's discovered that folks still actually enjoyed holding each other close and slow dancing to ballads. Most of them were unknown until they actually did put out a ballad (love song). And where did the smooth R&B groups go? Bring back the Temptations, the Stylistics, Smokey Robinson, etc. Bring back the classic sounds of the Beatles, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Boston, Aerosmith, AC-DC, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for new talent, but please...before wasting our time and money...actually have some talent first.

Amen!! I like your tastes... Except maybe for Smokey Robinson! ;)

TheDaggle 07-23-2010 03:43 AM

New(ish) bands have actually impressed me with some of their slow/semi-traditional songs.

Dropkick Murphys- Boys on the docks

Green day has sucked for about a decade, but I love this one.

Bad Religion- Sorrow (Acoustic)

shadecorp 07-23-2010 04:08 AM

Music

1 Attachment(s)
Playing in my computer right now,
:DAnnette Hanshaw.:D

AcidFlashGordon 07-23-2010 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 319013)
As long as some thought went into composition. Rap need not apply for a position.

Remember, you can't spell "crap" without "rap." As for my musical tastes, rather an eclectic selection. Classical (you know...Bach, Beethoven..all those "long-haired" guys), classic rock (50s, 60s and 70s), acid rock, 80s music, country western, Broadway musical soundtracks (was in the vocal department in junior high and high school and did several Broadway musicals) and even some reggae. I don't really hear any of the current groups because I only listen to the Classic Rock and Country radio stations here in Las Vegas. And there was Pink Floyd before "Dark Side of the Moon." I have all their albums from "Saucerful of Secrets" up to "The Wall."