Muscle Car Trivia and thanks Hoss.! - Page 25
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Muscle Car Trivia and thanks Hoss.!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 03:13 AM   #241
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
I agree. I'm a mopar guy, but the Ford T-bird that came out before any of the retro pony cars was more retro than any of the other 3.

the challenger LOOKS close, but to me, It looks like the high school cheerleader at the 25th high school reunion. you know that she used to be hot, and at one time you really wanted her, but now, while she still looks alright, she's fat and gained a lot of weight. you find yourself remembering what she once was, instead of what she is now.
try the 30th class reunion!

the T-Bird was a very cool car indeed and the retro version was done very well. i liked it, just not the high price!

i really like the new Challenger. IMO, i think they captured the essence of the original quite well. granted it's not the original, but it's pretty close and many of the newer and younger car guys can now understand why we lusted after them!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:22 AM   #242
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,552
Liked 2523 Times on 1637 Posts

Default

I'm with Cuda on the new dodges, they are nice in their own right, but they just lack that soul for some reason. The front and rear looks good, but its just a plain car from the side profile. The old ones are just badazz, who couldn't like the classic mopars?

Just my humble opinion.

__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:26 AM   #243
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
I'm with Cuda on the new dodges, they are nice in their own right, but they just lack that soul for some reason. The front and rear looks good, but its just a plain car from the side profile. The old ones are just badazz, who couldn't like the classic mopars?
oh trust me, if i had a choice, it would definately be an original Cuda or Challenger or Charger for sure! but most of them even in decent shape are just getting fewer and farther between now. and the properly restored ones? gee, they are priced high enough that only Bill Gates could afford one of those! the newer ones are more readily available if you have the money.

personaly i'd like to see some of the decals like they used on the originals. now that would jazz them up quite a bit!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:27 AM   #244
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,087
Liked 3327 Times on 1874 Posts
Likes Given: 18921

Default

4 doors and "HOT" does not compute.................?

__________________
dango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:29 AM   #245
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
4 doors and "HOT" does not compute.................?
the right combination and on certain cars, four doors can be very cool indeed!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #246
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
readygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,238
Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
I agree. I'm a mopar guy, but the Ford T-bird that came out before any of the retro pony cars was more retro than any of the other 3.

the challenger LOOKS close, but to me, It looks like the high school cheerleader at the 25th high school reunion. you know that she used to be hot, and at one time you really wanted her, but now, while she still looks alright, she's fat and gained a lot of weight. you find yourself remembering what she once was, instead of what she is now.
Dang....i bet the Challengers boyfriend aint lookin all that good 25yrs later either..
__________________

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

readygirl is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #247
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,087
Liked 3327 Times on 1874 Posts
Likes Given: 18921

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
Dang....i bet the Challengers boyfriend aint lookin all that good 25yrs later either..
Were's ma ink , tatoo..? New avatar I see..nice !
Some age like a bottle of fine wine , others , an after math of Gravity.! Eeek.!
Cars , art is art..!
__________________
dango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #248
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,087
Liked 3327 Times on 1874 Posts
Likes Given: 18921

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
the right combination and on certain cars, four doors can be very cool indeed!
Yo axxe55+ , See you also have a new Avatar..! Do they come in "FOUR BARREL")..?

Trying to in-vision ma 69 or 67 with 4 doors , I'll get back to you !
__________________
dango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #249
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
readygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,238
Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Were's ma ink , tatoo..? New avatar I see..nice !
Some age like a bottle of fine wine , others , an after math of Gravity.! Eeek.!
Cars , art is art..!
I will put it in my photo section for you...
__________________

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

readygirl is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #250
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,087
Liked 3327 Times on 1874 Posts
Likes Given: 18921

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
I will put it in my photo section for you...
Well , that would be sweet of you , gun in hand and all..!

I'm not one to post pics , but , I'm going to have to..! Got to put a face to the insanity..! + I want to show off some of my work..! Like I said , I am an artist and designer + got some really cool ideas , want to throw them out and see what kinds of interests..!
I'm gonna have to go through my wife "Face Book" cause old DINO PC just won't cooperate..!
__________________
dango is offline  
readygirl Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Arizona flexing sovereign muscle? BigByrd47119 Politics, Religion and Controversy 29 07-07-2012 07:01 PM
Trivia Gordo323 The Club House 6 05-27-2010 08:41 PM
Weight of suppressor affecting muscle memory and reflexes? Lindenwood Training & Safety 21 10-28-2009 03:18 PM
Muscle Memory SGT-MILLER Training & Safety 2 10-22-2009 03:57 AM