Murder or Self defence. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Murder or Self defence.

View Poll Results: Murder or not?
Yes murder 16 36.36%
No Self Defence 14 31.82%
Genepool needed a little bit of bleach. 14 31.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 02:09 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Jury nullification .

Old 06-01-2009, 02:19 AM   #22

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

The next big question is will the family of "HEAD LEAKER" sue the shooter? I hope they are not allowed to.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:21 AM   #23

Although he looks calm on the video...we really don't know what state he was in, I'm sure his heart was racing. We don't know how many times punks (or the same punks) aggravated him that day. How many times he has been robbed at gun point in the past. The kid that was down...was he moving, yelling at the pharmacist? I really don't think that the video shows it all.

I probably would have handled it differently, but with a gun pointed at me & bullets whizzing past me...I really don't know until it happens.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #24
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It's a tough call, I put myself in the clerks shoes. Two armed men came in and I shot one, chased the other out of the shop, coming back in reload/rearm and the guy I shot moves. I might put a few more in him to keep him down. I doubt the clerk knew his first shot was leathal and expect the thug moved and he put an end to the threat. I also expect the clerk wasn't former military or LEO and was truly believing the thug to be a threat. On tape it looks pretty casual but I bet the clerk was amped up for hours after the shooting as it takes a long time to come down from a life threatening expereince. I voted for bleach as the vid lacks audio and we don't know what the cleck felt or if the thug was moving.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:58 AM   #25

1st shot was for protection the other 5 were to prove a point, or he found himself in the jungles of korea again with chung at his feet. um... just out of curiousity what do you guys consider bleaching the genepool?

Old 06-02-2009, 01:13 AM   #26

As usual, insuficient data to make a conclusion from the news posts.

Why does the poll not include manslaughter as an option?

Is there a castle doctrine law in the state?

Old 06-02-2009, 02:19 AM   #27

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanz View Post
As usual, insuficient data to make a conclusion from the news posts.

Why does the poll not include manslaughter as an option?

Is there a castle doctrine law in the state?
Because I didn't put it in there. Figure the bleach comment manslaughter.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:13 AM   #28

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
The next big question is will the family of "HEAD LEAKER" sue the shooter? I hope they are not allowed to.
The autopsy results will be driving that bus. Taking everything presented as fact, it appears that aside from shooting the wrong criminal, he over-estimated the flopper's ability to do him harm. Personally, I think it was a grudge execution, but that's just me. They not only tried to take his livelihood from him, but threatened his life in the process. Did he know that the horizontal harasser didn't have a gun in his waistband? Did he have the time to put one of his feet on the punk's Adam's apple and conduct a search with one hand while holding his pistol in the other? He walked well away from the perceived threat, came back, and fired again. He knew there was no threat, yet killed the wounded kid anyway. Let's face it, he did what John Kerry "earned" a Silver Star for doing. Based on the information presented, he killed the little POS because he wanted to, and that's murder.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:28 AM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

He's on the O'reilly factor right now. He says he thought the guy that was down shot the other patrons in the store because the mother was screaming, he thought he was still in danger and the guy on the floor still had a gun(but he didn't).

This will be interesting, but is a good reason why we cannot judge a book by its cover too early.

Personally, after listening to him, I think he's guilty of manslaughter at worst.

I would not consider him a danger to society.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:00 AM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbrickracing View Post
...REMOVE himself the threat.
The one and only answer.