You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Murder or Self defence.

View Poll Results: Murder or not?
Yes murder 16 36.36%
No Self Defence 14 31.82%
Genepool needed a little bit of bleach. 14 31.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 05:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'm sorry,but I cannot see the justification in shooting the kid after he's down.
The first shot,hell yes,but chasing the second creep out the door then coming back ,getting a second gun then going back and shooting the punk in the gut,no way
If he had time to go get another gun the he could have gotten something to tie him up.
Or better yet REMOVE himself the threat.Use deadly force only as a last resort,isn't that taught in every CCW class?
I know I'm gonna catch hell for this but I think(I know I wasn't there)if this guy wasn't afraid to get close enough to shoot while standing at the kids feet then the kid was hurt enough to be restrained in a non leathal way.JMHO

Old 05-31-2009, 05:57 PM   #12

Liked 1465 Times on 819 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.

With that said, I think there needs to be an addition to the statement.

The second shot should be taken in the same week!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-31-2009, 06:25 PM   #13

Liked 20 Times on 12 Posts

It was self defense in my book. If the kid did not want to die or have the chance of it , he should have went to WORK and earned an honest living

I would say self defense or defense of property if the guy chased the feller down the street and shot him.

I think thief's, Murder's and Rapist should have no humanly rights. If they are not committing those acts, they would not have gotten shot.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:25 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Double tap ,or triple tap..... get your shots in at the right time. But going back with a fresh reload and popping 5 more rounds into a disabled perp is a bit beyond the pale. I have no sorrow for the bandit, and a lot of sympathy for the pharmacist.....but that was not right.
TXnorton

Old 05-31-2009, 09:12 PM   #15

Liked 1483 Times on 876 Posts
Likes Given: 466

CBW, Cpttango, Lowrider

Your all right

CBW - exaclty, once the threat is gone you can't shoot anymore.

Lowrider - we may not be seeing the whole picture, I hope a jury gets to see the hole picture. But given only the evidence at hand I say murder.

Cpttango - his accomplish should be charged with murder. When you commit a felony and and someone dies as a result of that felony, that is the same as if you killed the person yourself.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:37 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Although I believe in jury nullification, I'd be hard pressed to find this man innocent. In my opinion that was murder.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:27 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbrickracing View Post
I know I'm gonna catch hell for this but I think(I know I wasn't there)if this guy wasn't afraid to get close enough to shoot while standing at the kids feet then the kid was hurt enough to be restrained in a non leathal way.JMHO
I think you hit the nail on the head there. The clerk was certainly justified in shooting the first time, but if he was truly in fear for his life he had no business walking up to the guy again.

Of course I also think that murder charges are over the top. Manslaughter, sure.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:32 AM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As much as I like to hear about people defending themselves and a$$baggs getting what they deserve, this was not justified. Always make sure that your first volley leaves them DRT.

Article II: A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State, The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed.

Article IV: The Right Of The People To Be Secure In There Persons, Houses, Papers, And Effects, Against Unreasonable Search And Seizures, Shall Not Be Violated, And No Warants Shall Issue, But Upon Probable Cause, Supported By Oath Or Affirmation, And Particulary Describing The Place To Be Searched, And The Persons Or Things To Be Seized.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #19

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 19

No threat from a head-leaker. It's murder IF it can be proven that the criminal bastard would have lived otherwise. Too bad he wasn't running an abortion mill. We wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:57 AM   #20

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

He obviously never learned a lesson from the Bernie Goetz incident. Personally I wouldn't convict him, but it would have been much smarter to empty his magazine into the scumbag the first time. The good news is the Pharmacist won't be getting sued by his attacker!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"