Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Much needed venting..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
At this point.. there is no relationship with her. Theres a thin line that has been crossed and theres no coming back from that. As far as I am concerned.. its a one way street.

I can try and contact the local DHS, but I now live in a different county. I'm not sure if that will make any difference. I was never aware the court could appoint legal assistance in family related cases. I will look into that first thing Monday morning.
http://www.cap4kids.org/philadelphia/parent_handouts/legal_services.html

http://www.paface.org/

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 200 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 61

I apologise if i can't help or give a better advice. What i can say is..
"Something happened for a reason, for a better or worse only God knows. Hang in there buddy, there is always a way out."

Honestly, i been having a smiliar problem. I haven't talked or seen my daughter since my ex brought her back home overseas. It's a long story and it was my fault. One thing i dislike from my ex is, she always involved our daughter in our problems as her own shield. Oh well and i always kept telling myself, hoping my 10yrs old daughter will understand one day. And hopefully i can see and hug her .

Old 07-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thats perfect. Thank you very much. I never would have thought to look up these services.

It is very well know that Philadelphia is very biased towards Fathers (amongst other things) when it comes to family court.

I greatly appreciate all of your support. We all may not know each other personally, but i really cant begin to express how much this small amount has been to me. I cant thank you all enough.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 07-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
I apologise if i can't help or give a better advice. What i can say is..
"Something happened for a reason, for a better or worse only God knows. Hang in there buddy, there is always a way out."

Honestly, i been having a smiliar problem. I haven't talked or seen my daughter since my ex brought her back home overseas. It's a long story and it was my fault. One thing i dislike from my ex is, she always involved our daughter in our problems as her own shield. Oh well and i always kept telling myself, hoping my 10yrs old daughter will understand one day. And hopefully i can see and hug her .
I'm very sorry to hear of this. It has only been a couple of weeks for me away from my son and a short distance of 10 miles. I cant place myself in your shoes, but from my short time and distance.. I cant imagine your feelings. I feel for you my friend. I wish there was a way I could help. This is truly the cruelest punishment a person could have.

I often think to myself which is worse... the loss of a child or having a child within grasp but just out of reach, like some type of cruel carrot on a string.

Good luck to you.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 07-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #15
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Thank you all for your thoughts.
Unfortunately, an attorney is out of the question. I do not have the funds for that right now. I am hoping I wont need an attorney with all of the support I have from family and friends.
In my opinion, an attorney is absolutely necessary. Look into lawyers that accept sliding scale payments or other low cost lawyers.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #16

Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Thats perfect. Thank you very much. I never would have thought to look up these services.

It is very well know that Philadelphia is very biased towards Fathers (amongst other things) when it comes to family court.

I greatly appreciate all of your support. We all may not know each other personally, but i really cant begin to express how much this small amount has been to me. I cant thank you all enough.
I had a simular battle 5 years ago against my ex. I had physical custody of the kids and she had limited visitation. Due to some financial problems I asked my ex and her mother to take the kids for two weeks so I could take a well paying short term job out of state. When I got back they tried to fight me over custody. I didn't have enough money for a lawyer so I ended up contacting a fathers rights group. They had a lot of state law information specific to fathers custody issues, a lawyer on line that volunteered time to the group gave me advice and I was able to get a paralegal to draw up the documents I needed. It was affordable and really helped. I don't know what groups you have locally but I'd look them up if I were in your spot. I found this one site to give you an idea but I'd suggest you search local. By the way ive had sole custody for the last 5 years and it's been great.
http://singlefather.com/support-and-custody-resources/single-father-support-groups/

Keep up with the trends, avoid the fads, take your time and do work you can be proud of always

Old 07-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #17

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Urban,
I am so sorry to hear about the troubles you are having. The only advice I have is to remain calm and keep your head on straight. Do what needs doing in order to get your son back safe and sound.

prayers and well wishes from the Doghouse

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 07-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

You can also look for attorneys in your area who take on Pro Bono (no charge) family law work for individual clients. Your case sounds unique since it's a grandmother refusing to give up custody, rather than the child's mother, so a pro bono lawyer might be interested in working on it. The site PhillyVIP.org could be a useful starting point.

Discussion? Here? Get real.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #19

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Urban, I'm in a similar situation, and like someone else mentioned, my ex is using our child almost as a shield. I've recently been accused of abuse, and now because of that, there's not a damn thing I can do except let the court do their thing.
Fortunately, my ex is shooting herself in the foot with her crap, and Friday was eviction day, essentially making her and my son are homeless. I have no idea where the hell they're living now, or who they're living with.
Keep your chin up. Philly is a long ways away, but maybe when this is all over, we can meet up with our sons somewhere one day.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1735 Times on 1253 Posts
Likes Given: 1979

Default My brothers keeper.....

When my oldest son and his girl friend had a child out of wedlock they named the boy and put his mothers name on the birth certificate as his last name. She is released from the hospital and hands my grand son to my wife and says I don't want him, you take care of him. We did and eighteen months later she shows up with a new boy friend and his dad to take the child from us......I made a stand but I knew it would not hold up in court. If I would have gone thru the legal process and adopted him she would have no grounds to take him from us. Hopefully he's growing into a fine young man, we haven't had contact since he was taken......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........