Mrs. McCool, victim of injustice - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Mrs. McCool, victim of injustice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #81
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7639 Times on 4156 Posts
Likes Given: 15976

I am prepared.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 09-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #82
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Also coming into this thread late, very sorry.

I taught spec. ed. High School for almost 26 years until the spring of 2010. I agree MR Mc that your wife should have been hired back first, and there IS probably something underfoot with regard to the other person getting the job. Believe me, I worked in NYC,..our union sukks big time because they gave into Bloomy the billionaire to get raises(which aren't really raises when you give back time for money-Hence, the Bd. of Ed.'s "Spec Ed" employees only get 10 days for summer vacation if working summer school-not the 22 they (we) used to get...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 09-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #83
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thank you all for the support. The superintendent did not call me again today. The woman who got the job was not at school today. My wife thinks she was off taking the required test. I think the superintendent is waiting for the results before responding. Administrators are good at covering their butts. Even if she becomes qualified for the position, I will continue to argue that she was unqualified at the times of application, interview, and selection. Mrs. McCool also had "return rights" to the position. I called the educators' union today and left a message. Like Dr. Football said, their union is weak. They may or may not choose to represent us. If they do not, it will be the entire school system administration against me... those poor bastards.

People Like This 
Old 09-20-2013, 02:08 AM   #84
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Still no response from the superintendent.
Yesterday I sent a professional letter of grievance to all of the board members. No response.
Today I faxed the letter to the human resources department and superintendent. No response.
I called the school board this afternoon and requested to be added to the agenda of next month's board meeting. Best of luck to them.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:02 AM   #85
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8669 Times on 5011 Posts
Likes Given: 11254

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Still no response from the superintendent.
Yesterday I sent a professional letter of grievance to all of the board members. No response.
Today I faxed the letter to the human resources department and superintendent. No response.
I called the school board this afternoon and requested to be added to the agenda of next month's board meeting. Best of luck to them.
Do you know any attorneys? Have them print your letters on their office letterhead and demand a response. They are trying to wait you out thinking you will drop it if they don't respond. A letter from a law office will shake them up. It may cost you a few bucks but it should be all they have to do to loosen things up.

The way a person had to do it when I was on the board was a person had to request that th Board put their issue on the agenda in the public comment period at the beginning of the next meeting. Then you have to wait for the following months meeting for it to be on the agenda. They are not required to respond to public comments so don't expect one. When you are done with your comments (be sure to write yourself a script and stick to it- do NOT go in without a prepared statement) you walk up and give the Clerk your request for an agenda item in writing.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 09-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #86
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The secretary told me I could sign in and speak at the meeting. I told her I wasn't asking for three minutes of public comment, I want to be on the agenda to address the board. She conceded.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #87
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1335 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Thank you all for the support. The superintendent did not call me again today. The woman who got the job was not at school today. My wife thinks she was off taking the required test. I think the superintendent is waiting for the results before responding. Administrators are good at covering their butts. Even if she becomes qualified for the position, I will continue to argue that she was unqualified at the times of application, interview, and selection. Mrs. McCool also had "return rights" to the position. I called the educators' union today and left a message. Like Dr. Football said, their union is weak. They may or may not choose to represent us. If they do not, it will be the entire school system administration against me... those poor bastards.
<<Places $200 bet on MisterMcCool>>

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 09-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #88
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

An attorney would subpoena human resources records. If those records revealed other instances of "malpractice," it would surely become a class action suit. My wife does not want school system funds and resources wasted on anything other than the students. Admirable.

People Like This 
Old 09-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #89
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3035 Times on 1517 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Quote:
An attorney would subpoena human resources records. If those records revealed other instances of "malpractice," it would surely become a class action suit. My wife does not want school system funds and resources wasted on anything other than the students. Admirable.
By that same standard, she should also want (reasonable) hiring standards adhered to, whether they benefit her or not. Hiring unqualified people is also a waste of district resources. The taxpayers are entitled to qualified personnel filling vacancies.* Letting this pass does the school no favors in the long run.

(*Yes, when one takes the federal govt into consideration, I do, in fact, know how silly that sentence sounds. )
NRA Life Member

How will we know it's time to gather up the pitchforks & torches and start assembling the guillotine on the DC mall?

Old 09-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #90
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1367 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 3446

I sent a prayer mail to the Chief Instructor for you.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur