Mrs. McCool, victim of injustice - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Mrs. McCool, victim of injustice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 430 Times on 286 Posts

Well, then have at it! And enjoy the ride. Keep us posted to the 'Life and Times of the McCool Gang'.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2985 Times on 1493 Posts
Likes Given: 332

So the woman they hired...who is she related to or involved with, in the school district? IMHO, nepotism (or knowing where the bodies are buried) can be the only explanation for such an egregious decision.
Frankly, in this case, even though your wife doesn't want you to press forward with this, something still needs to be done. BS like this should not be allowed to stand. Situations like this beg the question: how many other hiring decisions like this do you not know about? Also, are there other blatantly unqualified (or unvetted... possibly dangerous) personnel working with children in your school district? There are enough problems with qualified people in schools these days without some guy hiring his idiot girlfriend or cousin.
To me, justice would be the district reversing their hiring choice and Mrs. McCool telling them to pound sand when they came back to offer the job to her.

NRA Life Member

“The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop” — P.J. O’Rourke

Last edited by Overkill0084; 09-14-2013 at 02:28 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #43

Liked 10 Times on 3 Posts

Since most these kids are used to her they are screwing with the kids and their families. Personally I know how hard it is for kids to adjust to a new teacher. So in a way the school is doing an injustice to the kids in the class and their family.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #44
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7566 Times on 4110 Posts
Likes Given: 15761

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtill
Since most these kids are used to her they are screwing with the kids and their families. Personally I know how hard it is for kids to adjust to a new teacher. So in a way the school is doing an injustice to the kids in the class and their family.
I agree this will not serve the best interest of the students.
...but I cannot bring myself to ever fight in defense of "the children." It just seems so liberal.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 09-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #45

Liked 10 Times on 3 Posts

I can for one reason. I was born with cerebral palsy and they put me in special ed. The first teacher was rude talked down of the kids and all. And since my second special ed teacher was so amazing she got me out of special ed because she told the school my iq was too high. Without her I would od never gotten a real education or learned that I can do anything I put my mind to.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #46
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7409 Times on 4454 Posts
Likes Given: 9165

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtill View Post
I can for one reason. I was born with cerebral palsy and they put me in special ed. The first teacher was rude talked down of the kids and all. And since my second special ed teacher was so amazing she got me out of special ed because she told the school my iq was too high. Without her I would od never gotten a real education or learned that I can do anything I put my mind to.
You are so right and I am so glad things worked out so well for you. I was a special ed one on one aide for three years. My little guy had CP. He was a very smart and funny little but stuck in a body he couldn't control. He was an inspiration to me and he was such a tough little guy as we gave him the various therapies I was taught to give him. He had some extreme sensory difficulties. It was difficult for me to quit that job and move in with my life and leave that little boy behind. I see him around town once in a great while. He's a fine young man now. I don't think he'll ever be independent but he's an awesome guy. I doubt he remembers me but I will never forget him.

Several years ago I was in PT for plantar fascitis and part of my therapy was walking on a treadmill. One day, this little guy comes walking into the therapy gym and up to my treadmill. He can't speak but he just stood there. His Mom knew me and we talked a minute. Then I was told I was on the treadmill he usually walks on. I gave it up to him. If he wanted that one, he could certainly have it. When I first started working with him years ago, he could only log roll on the floor. To see him walking on a treadmill was an absolute thrill for me. And he couldn't have had a more attentive and wonderful Mother who gave that boy everything he needed to succeed.
People Like This 
Old 09-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #47
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2986 Times on 1720 Posts
Likes Given: 1280

Just a thought....

We use to have a condition in our CBA that the last person to go (without cause, but over-manning or contract end), was the first person offered a job should things change. If more than one person, and all other things equal, then the one with seniority got offered first.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 09-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #48
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
Just a thought....
If more than one person, and all other things equal, then the one with seniority got offered first.
Same situation here.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:51 AM   #49
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 866 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Hell, I want a better job. I work myself to exhaustion every day doing a job that I despise to provide for my family and allow my wife such liberties. I find solace in her content.
Well may God bless you Sir! You do exhibit traits pf the salvageable!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 09-15-2013, 01:53 AM   #50
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
Well may God bless you Sir! You do exhibit traits of the salvageable!
Thanks, man.