Mr 4000!!!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Mr 4000!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Default Mr 4000!!!

That's right folks, I have finally reached the 4000 post milestone ... man, I am one pathetic loser! Srsly though, shower me with praise, heap your adulation's on to me, adorn me with accolades. I, Mr 4000, command thee

Now on a serious note - who the hellz would have guessed a NYS Supreme Court judge would get this one right?

Quote:
A New York law passed in 1981 also stripped local governments of their authority to regulate the oil and gas industry, according to industry lawyers. The law states that the Department of Environmental Conservation's regulatory authority over oil and gas development supersedes local laws. The Dryden case challenged the industry interpretation of that law.

The ruling from state Supreme Court Judge Phillip Rumsey said the state law supersedes local laws regulating drilling operations, but doesn't pre-empt local control over land use and zoning. In other words, towns can't regulate drilling, but they can ban it.
http://www.benningtonbanner.com/business/ci_20027160

Might it be that there is a quark of hope in that rathole? Probably not, but at least all you NY'rs can hold your heads high on this one

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #2

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 728

Bennington, you live in that left winged artsy town? I really like Bennington. What is the dairy farm that use to make their own ice cream on the way to Petersburg?

Vt. is pretty gun friendly. They even recognize NH concealed carry permits. It is however the most bizarre State I know of. Hippies walking naked in Brattleboro, very gun friendly and respects hunters.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #3

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

I don't know about left wing, we just had big impromptu Ron Paul rally the other day (big for Bennington's standards ). Of course a while back the teachers union were out in support of Obamacare and the union bailouts for them as well. So yeah it is kind of an odd state - hippie central but gun friendly

But it is better than living in NY (southern NY, close to NYC - if it weren't for NYC than NY would be a fantastic place to live/work)

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 02-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #4

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I don't know about left wing, we just had big impromptu Ron Paul rally the other day (big for Bennington's standards ). Of course a while back the teachers union were out in support of Obamacare and the union bailouts for them as well. So yeah it is kind of an odd state - hippie central but gun friendly

But it is better than living in NY (southern NY, close to NYC - if it weren't for NYC than NY would be a fantastic place to live/work)
I agree! I lived on LI, We had a summer house in Stephentown. I lived all over the country, and moved back to LI in the mid '80's. I use to shoot at the county indoor range, housed in the Police dept off of Hempstead turnpike. I was followed about 4 miles by a cop from the parking lot and questioned for about 20 minutes. I asked if he knew Jack Pearson, a Sgt. and the instructor that had taught my hunter safety class years before. Did not give a sh!t. They rutinly follow and stop people pulling out of indoor ranges. They closed the NRA outdoor .22 and skeet range in Sulfolk at Camp Wauwepex, a boy scout camp on 500 acres. Here is the camp. http://www.billcotter.com/onteora/wauwepex.htm

I am an OA member, and this BS is really sickening.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.