Movie gun.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Movie gun.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Movie gun.

Yesterday I saw the flick "No Country For Old Men." I got a chuckle from the ticket seller when I claimed my senior discount, but that's beside the point.

The movie was pretty good, up to a point, with lots of gun-play and action. It also had a plot, until the ending which I found kind of confusing.

Anyway, the lead bad guy, Anton Chigurh (played by Javier Bardem), was armed with a couple of interesting weapons. The first was a pneumatic device used in slaughtering cattle, which drives a piston into the beast's brain causing instant death. He applied it with great success against both humans and door locks.

He was also armed with a shortened pump shotgun, I think an 870, affixed with a suppressor. I've never before considered a "silenced" shotgun. Does anyone know if that's actually do-able?

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-20-2008, 12:06 AM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
He was also armed with a shortened pump shotgun, I think an 870, affixed with a suppressor. I've never before considered a "silenced" shotgun. Does anyone know if that's actually do-able?
Never seen a suppressor on a scattergun and it sorta makes sense that you wouldn't do that given the nature of shot. The diameter of the hole on that prop looks a mite small even for a 20ga slug.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:19 AM   #3

There is one made by Young Manufacturing that is DEA approved - no flash..so it can be used for entry into meth drug labs....They have the patent on it..a little pricey but VERY effective. Thats a movie can you see in the movie...not the real thing.