Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The move to Arizona.........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Default The move to Arizona.........

A friend of mine, we call him Big Teddy, a group buddy, just recently moved to Phoenix, Arizona and sent me this e-mail. I told him I grew up there and had not been back since I joined the military over 30 years ago. I told him it could get pretty damn hot in the summers and it is nothing like North Carolina summers. He found out...The move to Phoenix, Arizona.........

Hey Jack,

We did it, Marge and I packed all our sh!t and just moved to Arizona! Now this is a state that Knows how to live!!

Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! It is beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

June 14th:
Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshiper.

June 30th:
Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain.. No more mowing the lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 10th:
The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat?
At least, it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.

July 15th:
Fell asleep by the community pool. (Got 2nd degree burns over 60% of my body).. Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 20th:
I missed Lomita (my cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car at noon, Lomita had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag, then popped like a water balloon. The car now smells like Kibbles and Sh!ts. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat. Good ol' Mr. Sun strikes again.

July 25th:
The wind sucks.. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!! And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.

July 30th:
Been sleeping outside on the patio for 3 nights now, $225,000 house and I can't even go inside. Lomita is the lucky one. Why did I ever come here?

Aug. 4th:
It's 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to 85. I hate this stupid state.

Aug. 8th:
If another wise ass cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to strangle him. Damn heat. By the time I get to work, the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!

Aug. 9th:
Tried to run some errands after work. Wore shorts, and when sat on the seats in the car, I thought my ass was on fire. My skin melted to the seat. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and ass.....Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried ass, and baked cat.

Aug 10th:
The weather report might as well be a damn recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to do sh!t for 2 damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn state? Water rationing will be next, so my $1700 worth of cactus will just dry up and blow over. Even the cactus can't live in this damn heat.

Aug. 14th:
Welcome to HELL! Temperature got to 115 today. Cactus are dead. Forgot to crack the window and blew the damn windshield out of the car. The installer came to fix it and guess what he asked me??? "Hot enough for you today?"

My sister had to spend $1,500 to bail me out of jail. Freaking Arizona.

What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live here?? Will write later to let you know how the trial goes.

Big Teddy

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Last edited by IGETEVEN; 09-19-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2009, 03:26 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Yea, but it is a DRY heat.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-19-2009, 03:48 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

When I was a youngster, merely in my thirties I was a carpenter in SoCal in the High Desert. (Mojave) I was young and stupid and the money was good.

Now, I can't even stand the heat in Sacramento. I'll take a moderate climate and four seasons any time. Get me outta' here.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-19-2009, 04:18 AM   #4

Liked 82 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Well, I'm still in the desert in So. Cal (Mojave Desert). Been a desert rat most of my adult life. Yes, hot in summer, cold in winter. Not that many people and I can shoot in my back yard. What more could I want...............

Jim......................

Old 09-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Lived 6 months in El Paso, Tx. Yeah it was a dry heat but still it was hot. Doing physical training at 5AM was still bad. Might go back to visit but wouldn't live there. Brown air (SMOG) from Juaraz

SOUTHERN BORN CONSERVATIVE REDNECK AND VERY PROUD OF IT

ARMY 1970-1971 MP SGT Nam
Army 1976-1994 MP/CID Agent 1SG