Motorcycles - Page 18
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Motorcycles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 03:12 AM   #171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Very nice. if you don't like the round running boards you should check out the 1914 harley square ones they look killer. Nice bike tho enjoy every minute.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #172

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Looks nice. But would rather spend the money on a truck than a Harley. Same speed and handling.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 06-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #173

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

My bike. My wife. Me. (About 5 years ago).

dsc00014.jpg   me.jpg  
Old 06-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #174
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
Picked up my bike today at like 1pm. They didnt have all the parts in so they could only do the exhaust, air cleaner and the 2up seat. Im gonna keep the boards and the stock bars. Its a very comfortable ride the way it is. Put about 70miles on it today.
Nice-looking bike!

I gotta ask: Do you catch many bugs with that beard?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #175

Liked 282 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

Nice-looking bike!

I gotta ask: Do you catch many bugs with that beard?
All the time. About two years ago a bee went in my beard and it didnt make its way out untill I got home. And it flew oit of my beard. My beard then was about six inches longer than it is now.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:01 AM   #176

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Alright, got a question for you bike riders (hopefully someone with a sportbike can help). I was going to dinner tonight with a friend and she asked if we could take my FZ6r. I ended up saying no because I wasn't quite comfortable taking someone yet since I never have before. What advice do you have with riding with a passenger? I'm looking around to see if there are any classes but haven't found any yet. Here's my bike if it helps to see (and I like showing it off)

image-680084274.jpg  

Old 06-26-2013, 05:11 AM   #177
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
Alright, got a question for you bike riders (hopefully someone with a sportbike can help). I was going to dinner tonight with a friend and she asked if we could take my FZ6r. I ended up saying no because I wasn't quite comfortable taking someone yet since I never have before. What advice do you have with riding with a passenger? I'm looking around to see if there are any classes but haven't found any yet. Here's my bike if it helps to see (and I like showing it off)
I recommend you both take the basic riders course. She should because its good for a passenger to know exactly what you, as the operator, have to do.

Otherwise, she needs to hug you close (never a bad thing, right?) and lean as you lean and don't move around too much. Dismounting is crucial. Make sure she knows to not get off the bike until you are 100% ready for her to do so.

I've only ridden with my wife on the back one time. I didn't enjoy it. We were on a sport bike-esque monstrosity (the Yamaha in my earlier post in this thread). Because the seat sits at a slight forward angle, her body weight was involuntarily pushing me too far forward and it was terribly uncomfortable. I would do it on a cruiser in a heartbeat. Prolly never again on a sport bike.

The big thing is that she understands that small movements on her part can feel like big movements to you.

Always have clean socks.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:37 AM   #178

Liked 45 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Sorry for the bad picture. This is my ride, do need to up grade for cross country touring.

293409_10152091348700192_1604049763_n.jpeg  

Old 06-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #179
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8273 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10698

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post
I recommend you both take the basic riders course. She should because its good for a passenger to know exactly what you, as the operator, have to do.

Otherwise, she needs to hug you close (never a bad thing, right?) and lean as you lean and don't move around too much. Dismounting is crucial. Make sure she knows to not get off the bike until you are 100% ready for her to do so.

I've only ridden with my wife on the back one time. I didn't enjoy it. We were on a sport bike-esque monstrosity (the Yamaha in my earlier post in this thread). Because the seat sits at a slight forward angle, her body weight was involuntarily pushing me too far forward and it was terribly uncomfortable. I would do it on a cruiser in a heartbeat. Prolly never again on a sport bike.

The big thing is that she understands that small movements on her part can feel like big movements to you.
Also makes for a nice view for the guy behind you!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #180

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
It's not too bad. Really depends on her weight and if she's ever riden before. The best passenger I ever had was a chick that also had her own sport bike. She would sit up on the highway and hardly hold on. I've had others that would lay all over me and I'd catch myself praying that they'd just fall off.

My advice would be to find a big empty parking lot or a back county road and just ride around for a bit. Remind her to keep her ass on the seat and her shoulders in line with yours and you'll be fine.

Wear your gear and buckle your lid. You'll be just fine.

Nice bike too by the way.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington