Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Which Motorcycle is the Best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I have an 06 Suzuki Blvd C50 touring edition and it's been a great shaft driven back with little maintenance needed. 5500 and it's yours!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #32

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve666
Back in the mid 70's when they first came out I had a Kawasaki Z1 and thought it was great.
Ive been trying to get my hands on a Z1 for a few years now or an KZ1000Ltd. Every time I get a chance, someone snatches it from under me

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 04-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #33

Liked 370 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

i have a question for benluby what year is your sporster just curious.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 1986

Default Harley and the.........

We have these ass holes on crotch rockets that do 120 mph...... They out run the cops.... Can't wait till they run into something......They ran so fast, Ohh whats coming up.......The battle of New Orleans...........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 04-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #35

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja

Ive been trying to get my hands on a Z1 for a few years now or an KZ1000Ltd. Every time I get a chance, someone snatches it from under me
My friend has a z1. Not for sale the whole family are Kawasaki fans. I missed my chance to get a h2 750 triple, it was for sale in the middle of a Harley swap meet. The bike was original. I have owned mostly Kawasaki my last an 06 solar yellow zx10. Loved the bike, but my wife and I had our son so the bike was sold. Had the bike for 5 years. For now I ride my dads victory kingpin. 100 ci and it is a blast to ride. I want to buy an American bike so I will be buying a victory. Sorry Harley but assembled in America isn't the same as built in America.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #36

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobel1up

My friend has a z1. Not for sale the whole family are Kawasaki fans. I missed my chance to get a h2 750 triple, it was for sale in the middle of a Harley swap meet. The bike was original. I have owned mostly Kawasaki my last an 06 solar yellow zx10. Loved the bike, but my wife and I had our son so the bike was sold. Had the bike for 5 years. For now I ride my dads victory kingpin. 100 ci and it is a blast to ride. I want to buy an American bike so I will be buying a victory. Sorry Harley but assembled in America isn't the same as built in America.
I am definitely digging Victorys lineup. They are making some beautiful bikes. And as you said.. American made. I am not completely against Japanese or European bikes, but would surely love an American bike. Unfortunately my budget keeps me riding my Suzuki and I have no complaints about it.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #37

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum
We have these ass holes on crotch rockets that do 120 mph...... They out run the cops.... Can't wait till they run into something......They ran so fast, Ohh whats coming up.......The battle of New Orleans...........
Calling a sport bike a crotch rocket is the same as calling an AR an assault rifle. Its just how ignorant people describe them. I think people complain about how fast they are because their motorcycle can't go that fast except down hill with a good tail wind.......lol

American propaganda, they have convinced you that if it isn't under powered and over priced, its junk.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #38

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I think most people on "sport bikes" are given a bad name cause there are a lot of idiots who ride them that like to do wheelies down the interstate at 100mph or weave in and out of traffic like a bat out of hell cause their bike can do 150. That's just been my experience with a majority (not all though) but a majority. Take that stuff to a closed area if you want to do it and not down I-whatever.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

The best? My favorite was the 1973 Honda CB750/4 with the 1978 engine that i owned for a while in Memphis. It was my "best" at that time of my life. When i was a kid delivering papers, i thought my little Yamaha 80cc scooter was "the best". A few more years, and some 250cc Ninjawannabe will probably be "the best".

It is all about perspective and use.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #40

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
I think most people on "sport bikes" are given a bad name cause there are a lot of idiots who ride them that like to do wheelies down the interstate at 100mph or weave in and out of traffic like a bat out of hell cause their bike can do 150. That's just been my experience with a majority (not all though) but a majority. Take that stuff to a closed area if you want to do it and not down I-whatever.
I completely agree. Technically I ride a "sport bike" or sport touring. I think the idiots that are flying down te highway doing 100+ make the rest of us look bad. The whole "watch for motorcycles" thing will soon be tossed out the window because of them. People in cars will soon (if not already) think "he is being a reckless douche bag, so why should I care of he doesn't?". Which endangers the rest of us.

I'm not 100% innocent. Ive done well over 100mph on many occasions, but only when I had a good stretch of open road with nobody around. At that point it becomes my fault if something happens (or a deer).