Motorcycle? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Motorcycle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2157 Times on 1182 Posts
Likes Given: 1394

Would you give a Corvette to a kid with a learners permit?
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #22

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvia
Listen dude a low powered 600cc super sport bike is still insanely fast. You have to respect them.
Damn straight

Old 08-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #23

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
Would you give a Corvette to a kid with a learners permit?
I wouldnt trust some adults with a corvette

Old 08-28-2012, 11:52 PM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 215 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Like it or not that Blast is a great bike to cut your teeth on. "doesn't go over 120"?! Who needs to go 120, let alone a new rider?! I never owned one, but ive ridden them and they are a perfect starter bike. Better than a shadow or suzuki 250 or similar. You can get one on the cheap and when the time comes for an upgrade you've got an easy bike to sell.

I've been riding since I'm 17 (45 now) when I got my sportster in 2009 I took an MSF course...well worth the time.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 08-29-2012, 02:42 AM   #25

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Only 2 types of riders, those who have been down and those who are going down. Be careful, they are not called blood bikes for nothing. I ride a Honda 750 Shadow as my daily comuter. Focus in front of you and the bike will follow your eyes. Only half the people on the road with you will know you are there, be ready to hit the front brakes to stop, back brakes will cause you to loose control. When get ready to hit something, keep the bike straight up. I crashed an FZR1000 into the back of a police car!

Always wear a helmet, especially on sport bikes!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-29-2012, 04:23 AM   #26

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

Default biker to a potential biker

Ive been riding motorcycles for 40 yrs...since I was 8 ,did the dirt bike thing,medium cruiser thing ,chopper thing , I ride a dyna superglide now , the facts remain that people are too busy to'' see'' a motorcycle ,most people are idiot drivers anyway ...be aware of this ,you have to drive for yourself and the dumbass on the phone in a 4000 lb killing machine in the next lane. Take a class ,learn the basics and get a dual sport 650 and have fun til you get a harley ...the crotch rocket will only get you killed ,profiled by the police,and if you happen to go down and it was the other drivers fault ...the powers that be will twist the facts and you are labled '' aggresive sportbike rider was killed today in a collision with a motorist ...reason unsafe speed ... your dead ! no insurance benefit for your family .
drvsafe Likes This 
Old 08-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #27

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by powg
Ive been riding motorcycles for 40 yrs...since I was 8 ,did the dirt bike thing,medium cruiser thing ,chopper thing , I ride a dyna superglide now , the facts remain that people are too busy to'' see'' a motorcycle ,most people are idiot drivers anyway ...be aware of this ,you have to drive for yourself and the dumbass on the phone in a 4000 lb killing machine in the next lane. Take a class ,learn the basics and get a dual sport 650 and have fun til you get a harley ...the crotch rocket will only get you killed ,profiled by the police,and if you happen to go down and it was the other drivers fault ...the powers that be will twist the facts and you are labled '' aggresive sportbike rider was killed today in a collision with a motorist ...reason unsafe speed ... your dead ! no insurance benefit for your family .
All due respect, the crotch rocket part of your post has not been my experience. I've had several bikes...at one time that was ALL I had. Currently, I have a victory cruiser and until the end of last summer, I also had a ZX-11D Ninja. I sold the ninja because it was having issues, but it was by FAR the most fun I've ever had on a bike. Absolutely INCREDIBLE, the performance of that thing, but it was hardly a deathtrap. Like anything else, if you're an idiot....well, see my signature line.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #28

Liked 3239 Times on 1624 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Oops.

Read it wrong.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Last edited by Overkill0084; 08-29-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
I've always been interested in motorcycles but never jumped in until now. My car I have now, while all fun to drive and go fast, loooooves to eat up its tank of gas like it hasn't eaten in weeks and it's killing my wallet. So I've been looking into getting a bike to commute to school and work in a much cheaper manner. I've narrowed it down to really three different ones. A Honda CBR600, a Yamaha R1 or R6, and a Yamaha FZ6r. Do any of y'all have any experience with these bikes or which sport bike would you choose/have? Would y'all recommend anything different?
Whatever your choice always remember defensive driving especially on a motorcycle is a must. Most accidents occur at intersections. My older son, an avid motorcyclist, was killed at an intersection, as a van driver ran a stop sign. So be very careful.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #30

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha

Whatever your choice always remember defensive driving especially on a motorcycle is a must. Most accidents occur at intersections. My older son, an avid motorcyclist, was killed at an intersection, as a van driver ran a stop sign. So be very careful.
Geez, PB...sorry to hear that.