Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Motor vehicle gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Motor vehicle gun

What do y'all keep in your vehicles? I've changed my mind so many times, but I have a Taurus Judge just to have for snakes and such, and I loaded it with .410 gauge #4 shot shells. What do you think about if for a vehicle gun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

For me its whatever I carry for the day, either my LCR or 3" kimber ultra carry.. All depends on what I am doing for the day or what I am wearing. I like to carry the 45 but the LCR has become my daily go-to piece

Old 12-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Saw a video that explained that the Judge was the ultimate anti-carjacking piece.

I just dig the versatility of it, though ammo can be a beast to find.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #4

Ive seen testing done that showed that the Judge was not a good choice if you are running shot through it. The barrel apparently isn't long enough to get enough velocity for the shot to reach vital organs. But the slug, or .45 LC will more than get the job done.

In answer to the OP. For me it is whatever I am carrying that day. Normally my Ultra CDP II.

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who knows great enthusiasm, great devotion, and the triumph of achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails at least fails whilst daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those odd and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who have had to fight for it life has truly a flavour the protected shall never know."

Old 12-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #5

I don't carry every day, just when I feel like I need to, but I sure like having one in the vehicle wherever I go for those times when I'm not carrying.

Regarding the penetration and the vital organs, I'm of the feeling that, if a bad guy tries to carjack me, I'll give him a faceful of #4 and he'll probably leave me alone. Then I'll have to find a way to stop the bleeding from my ears.

I have a box of the .45 LC....doubt that I'll ever use it.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think the Judge would be perfect for a "truck gun". Just like our famous deer hunter from a while back..."Shoot 'em in the face!"

Old 12-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #7

Old 12-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #8

Now I'm thinking Ruger LCR with Crimson Trace. Judge is too long to fit in my center console. Studied the LCR a lot....sounds like a great little concept.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Depends on where I'm going and when. Into Anchorage, I recently got a Kel-Tec PF9 that fits perfectly in my inside vest pocket. Going out of town, in the winter I generally take a 4" .357. When the bears are out generally my 5" Super Blackhawk. I'm trying to decide how to mount a rifle rack down near the floor so it will be covered by the seat. I think an SKS and pump 12 ga would make the perfect truck combo. Plus your sidearm to give you time to get to them. Of course, the .44 Marlin would go nice in that rack too...

Old 12-14-2009, 01:47 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

If I can ever get it from the dealer, my truck gun will be a 4" Charter Arms Target .44 Special.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams