Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Most Produced Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/most-produced-weapons-6914/)

Romge67 09-12-2008 10:27 AM

Most Produced Weapons

Hello,

I am working on a document at university and am trying to find out what have been the most produced weapons, all I could find is :

- approx 90 Millions AK 47 have been produced
- approx 8 Millions M-16

I would like to know what have been the most produced handguns, landmines, tanks... and how many of them.

Thank you very much in advance for helping out

cpttango30 09-12-2008 10:37 AM

The 1911 has been constant production since 1911. It is made by more manyfactures in more countries than any other firearm ever produced. I'm not sure of the numbers are but they are up there with them two you listed.

The M1911 and M1911A1 have served in every conflict from WWI to Opertation Irqie Freedom. It will keep on serving for a long time.

Musket 09-12-2008 10:43 AM

I am curious--what type of "document"? A term paper, a research whitepaper, or a filmed documentary?

What is the underlying theme?

Inquiring minds would like to know, and we could probably be more helpful if we knew where this research was going and what it was about. :)

Mark F 09-12-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musket (Post 40196)
I am curious--what type of "document"? A term paper, a research whitepaper, or a filmed documentary?

What is the underlying theme?

Inquiring minds would like to know, and we could probably be more helpful if we knew where this research was going and what it was about. :)

Excellent POINT Ms. Musket!!! There is an err of questionable motive lurking in the anals of suspicion...

Musket 09-12-2008 04:47 PM

I deal with legislators and local elected commissions on a regular basis--questions have become ingrained in my nature.

It makes the husband nutty though hahaha :D

But, most questions are relative. You sometimes get a wrong answer if you dont give the person enough background for your question.

Now that I am thinking about it, I am also curious if Romge67 is a student, assistant professor, professor, tenured researcher....??? Is this a study or a homework assignment? Also which university?

Not being a pain--just want to be helpful. :)

BigO01 09-12-2008 05:39 PM

I would think the German Mauser would have to be pretty high up there in numbers it was copied in several countries all the way through WWII as was John Brownings P-35 "The High Power" .

Romge67 09-12-2008 08:34 PM

Homework

actually I am an art student at the paris art school and am working on a project called "Weapons of mass consumption" where I wanted to paint the weapons and put the number of how many there have been produced under it.

thanks for your help

Mark F 09-14-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romge67 (Post 40300)
actually I am an art student at the paris art school and am working on a project called "Weapons of mass consumption" where I wanted to paint the weapons and put the number of how many there have been produced under it.

thanks for your help

A much more dramatic visualization would be to paint an auto wrecking yard with a count of all the lives lost by cars. "THE REAL WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION".

Boris 09-14-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romge67 (Post 40300)

thanks for your help

Rubbish...but it makes you feel better.......:)

RL357Mag 09-14-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F (Post 40513)
A much more dramatic visualization would be to paint an auto wrecking yard with a count of all the lives lost by cars. "THE REAL WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION".

Perfect! Unfortunately not as dramatic or politically correct...where do these people come from? Maybe there should be a basic firearms knowledge test administered at the door...