Most funny/stupid thing you ever heard at the range/ gun shop?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Most funny/stupid thing you ever heard at the range/ gun shop?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 04:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default Most funny/stupid thing you ever heard at the range/ gun shop?

Back when I played paintball I was always on pbnation and we had a thread about the most stupid things we heard at the field and it always made me laugh s I figured why not start a similar thread here. So, what is the most stupid/funny thing you ever heard at the gun store/range?

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.
dango Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-25-2013, 05:04 AM   #2

Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1656

Had a guy (early 20's) come up to my gun counter lookin at guns and chatting. He looked at a Heritage Rough Rider and asked me "wow is that a Python? I haven't seen one of those in a long time." You could tell he didn't know very much about guns, but what he said next was both disturbing and funny.

"Yea I know a lot about guns, I play Call of Duty"

............and he was completely serious.......

Old 06-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #3

Liked 158 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Whoa. ^^

We were at the range this weekend, had a good time. Guy next to us was plinking a 22 rifle with his son and mentioned that he was looking for a 22 pistol. We offered our Beretta Neos (flawless weapon to date and fun as hell to shoot) for them to try. Guy next to them peeks his head out and says BUY AMERICAN. Uh well we always do (2 Chevys in our driveway) but thought he was random in saying that. The guy that said that had a Ruger 22, super nice, but for the money I'd pick the Beretta @ 270 vs. 400-ish for the Ruger.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:15 AM   #4

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Wife and I were in a new gun store talking with the owner. Super friendly guy. We saw a Beretta magazine for the wife's PX4 Storm that they had for $55. Told him we shop a lot of gun stores and he will never sell that magazine for that price. Also told him we just bought some from another store for $29. He acted shocked, SHOCKED I tell ya! Asked one of his employees to "double check that price, maybe we priced it wrong." That was three months ago and it was still at $55 the last time we were there and they still hadn't sold that magazine. We don't shop there anymore.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I had a shop tell me that SKSs are rare, and then they offered to order me one for $700.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Not really funny, as much as just sad. I was taking a look at a Springfield EMP in 9mm at my LGS awhile ago. I wanted to get a feel for it, but I wanted it in .40 S&W. I asked the guy behind the counter if they've had any .40s in recently. He told me Springfield doesn't make an EMP in .40. I politely nodded and handed him the gun back and walked away.

Yes, as a matter of fact they do make it in .40.

That was the first and only time I've seen that guy in there. And we go to that store a fair amount.

Always have clean socks.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1099 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 455

I was once told by one of the guys at one of the ranges I frequent that steel cased ammunition can damage the extractor.

Apparently commie guns have special extractors on them that Murrican guns don't have.

Another range I went to had a guy with a 3K+ 1911 with a 7 yard target that looked like a shotgun target after about 10 rounds of buckshot. He proceeded to tell me how great the gun was, after I observed several stoppages, and how accurate it was.

Well, after watching me shoot a pistol that was less than 1/3 the price of his, he handed it to me and in my hands his fancy 1911 was indeed accurate. It printed several groups that were less than 1 inch at 15 yards. I'm not sure how "great" it was, but it did work most of the time.

Giving a custom 3K match grade 1911 to someone who has never shot a pistol before, or at least has never demonstrated anything approaching the accuracy capability of a factory Glock, is kinda like giving a F1 car to a student driver.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8863 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

On the range? Ft. Polk LA. M14 Field Fire range- popup targets from 75-300 meters. My Colonel had dropped by to check on training. We are walking the line- shooters firing prone position. Things are fine until we get to one shooter. He is rolled all the way onto his right side. Rifle turned 90 degrees from vertical- He is just banging away. Pulled him off the line, asked why shooting that way?

His sgt had explained that bullets do not travel in a straight line- it is CURVED. So he figured if he turned the rifle on its side, he could HOOK them bullets around the bushes there and hit the target.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Last edited by c3shooter; 06-25-2013 at 11:44 AM.
People Like This 
Old 06-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #9

Liked 383 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 4

CPL class at the local LGS/range. A student, obviously new to the firearm community, rents a handgun for his qual fire. While preparing to fire, Mr. Newbie hangs his loaded pistol by the trigger guard on the wall hook meant for jackets and hats. Needless to say, Mr. Newbie was done for the day when the instructor saw it.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #10

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1246

Im walmart one day 2 guys 1 young 1 older guessing it was his father.
Older one asked the younger whats up with the grain marked on these boxes of ammo?
Young guy answers the one with the higher grain is more powerfull it has more gun powder, I should have corrected the guy but giggled and walked off fast.