mossberg 500 persuader 8+1

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > mossberg 500 persuader 8+1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2008, 04:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default mossberg 500 persuader 8+1

need help locating new upgraded sights for my mossberg 500. If anyone can help please help me out.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2008, 06:24 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

if you're looking for iron sights i would suggest trijicon or scattergun technology ghost ring sights. XS makes good stuff too. you'll need a gunsmith to install them. i would suggest going to T&T gunnery in seaford to do it. that place in islip wouldn't do it for me because it was to difficult. if your looking for some sort of optic i would go with any quality reflex sight. Aimpoint, EOTECH, trijicon. these optics will cost more than your shotgun but there is nothing wrong with that. if you do go with a reflex sight take time and shop for a quality mounting rail. if your mounting hardware sucks your optic is useless. mesa tactical makes quality picatinny rails. also, get rid of your pistol grip and install a stock. it doesn't have to be fancy but if you want somthing high speed, again mesa tacitcal makes good stock kits. a factory mossberg stock will still do the same job however. just get rid of that pistol grip. pistol grips on shotguns seriously limit the capabilities of you shotgun.
YES you do have to aim a shotgun to hit what you intend to hit. it is not like in the movies. also, what kind of ammo do you intend to use defensively?