Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Mosques

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Thanks for posting that. I'm not sure when Christianity really got established as a major religion...whether it was during the time of Jesus, or after Constantine established it as the official religion of Rome.
Christianity as a religious belief started with the first disciples in Jesus’ times.

The first State to consider Christianity as its religion was Armenia in the year 301.
While Constantine asked for the toleration of Christianity in the year 313, at that time most of the Middle Eastern region was Christian.

The Quran has been “revealed” to Mohammad in the year 610 AD. After that the “Ghazwat” (Arabic) or Raids started and Islam spread by the sword...

Old 06-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Yup, I'm with you.

I see and appreciate the differences in the cultures. But the vast majority of the world understands there is a distinction between a political body and a religious institution. I would respectfully suggest to Muslims around the world to adopt the conventional definitions and not try to merge them. That won't work for us, which means it won't work for them.
Impossible, that would be against the will of Allah (God).

Old 06-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #43

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount_Sannine View Post
Allah is not the God of the bible. Allah and God have very different attributes.

Is Allah God

1 John 2:23 "No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.”

Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Allah is not the God of the bible. Allah and God have very different attributes.

Is Allah God

1 John 2:23 "No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.”
As much as I agree with you my friend that the Christian atributes of God are diffrent than the Muslim ones for Allah.

"Allah" is the Only arabic word for God and it has been used by Arabic speaking Christians before Islam.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #45
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Christianity as a religious belief started with the first disciples in Jesus’ times.

The first State to consider Christianity as its religion was Armenia in the year 301.
While Constantine asked for the toleration of Christianity in the year 313, at that time most of the Middle Eastern region was Christian.
Yes, that's true. I guess it's a bit fuzzy when a religion officially begins.

First of all, what are the tenets of a religion? Are they the Gospel? Or are they the tenets of the RC Church?

Personally, I'd go for its inception with Jesus...never mind organized religion.

Quote:
The Quran has been “revealed” to Mohammad in the year 610 AD. After that the “Ghazwat” (Arabic) or Raids started and Islam spread by the sword...
Yeah, I know. It makes me sad and angry.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #46
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Well, this is where interpretation has to trump the literal meaning. If Islam as a whole can see its way clear to living with other religions, then fine. If it insists on remaining a political entity hell-bent on taking over the world, there must be horrific violence at some point.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:04 AM   #47

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
As much as I agree with you my friend that the Christian atributes of God are diffrent than the Muslim ones for Allah.

"Allah" is the Only arabic word for God and it has been used by Arabic speaking Christians before Islam.
Yes, I was just striving for clarity.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:41 AM   #48

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
I can't argue with any of that, bkt and dune. Islam has not evolved since its inception. Christianity, Judiasm and Buddhism have evolved from ideologies into religions of acceptance of other religons. Religious groups have been killing each other over ideology for centuries. Even different sects within religions have been at war since inception. My mortal enemies include all of those who want to see the death of America no matter their religious (or lack there of) beliefs. Islam's "convert or die" ideology is not unique to Islam. Christianity, for instance, forewent that ideology for the more accepting "convert or suffer the consequences when you die" ideology. It has not always been that way, thus the evolution of Christianity.

Great point, skull. I've long been of the opinion that at present Islam is at the stage of it's "Dark Ages" theologically, and it remains to be seen if any kind of Christian-similar 'Enlightenment' period will come about.

Yes America may be a free, pluralist society...which is indeed part of its greatness...but I find this idea a bit distasteful, considering the site. I don't think anyone is saying 'don't have a mosque'...just not there.

If that makes me a bigot, hell, so be it.

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 06-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #49

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

All I can say is if I blew up the Dome of the Rock And built a Christian church there I bet I'd get more than a spanking. And that was built on the ashes an old temple.

While many of the Islamic faith are not like the crazed idiots we see on TV every night it's just poor taste to pout a mosque on ant of twin towers land. If the situation was reversed and it was someone wanting to build a church on ground where some Christians killed a crapload of Muslims I'd say the same thing. AS I would expect any self respecting Muslim to do in this case. It has nothing to do with getting on or the like. It's simply to rub noses and any idea to the contrary just does not make sense. Saying you shouldn't build there has nothing to do with ones freedom of faith. No one is saying they can't have and exorcise their faith. But it would say something about respecting the dead of all faiths that where lost that day.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Newest Threads