Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Mosques

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Mosques

It is a real slap in the face of all Americans to build a mosque at the world center site. I am really %!$$ED off about the idea...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

I agree, however, having served to protect the constitutional rights of all citizens of this great country I also realize its their religious right. Don't get me wrong. It pisses me off to no end but these people are after all legal citizens due to asylum or some other BS big government program. They had it sooooooo bad in their home country that some jack hole politicians let them in. They in turn gain citizenship and bring their religious ideals and their f-ed up ways to us.
Much like the Mexican migrant workers here in the Pacific Northwest. Look around the apartment buildings here in Astoria where they congregate and you see garbage everywhere, broken down vehicles, gang tags, circus music and oh yes my favorite 20 people living in a 3 bedroom apartment who crap in the woods where the kids play. America wont change the way they lived in their old country, they just get better programs, gangs, free services, insurance and a chance to bring all their family over legally or illegally.

I apologize for my rant, just love to get it off my chest from time to time.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #3

I'm reminded of a saying that goes something like - just because it is not illegal, doesn't make it a good idea.
For example, stepping out in front of an oncoming train is not illegal, that still doesn't make it a good idea.

Any bets on how many equipment failures, bad material shipments, broken parts, etc. there will be on that job site?
Remember, that is NY and to have ANY construction you MUST have union workers.
Just think about how many union people will make a career out of that one job site.
(Subtitled, Millions over budget, decades past due date).

If they try to bypass the unions, there could easily be many unfortunate fires and perhaps even a small explosion or three.

- - - I think (bet?) the New Yorkers will get even.

BN-Life - NRA
- NRA Certified Instructor -
I'm not worried about terrorism, I was married, TWICE!

Old 06-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Wake up, people.

The issue hinges on whether or not we have the balls to recognize what happened to us on 9/11 (and before and since then) and who is to blame.

Islam is not a religion. It is an ideology. It has always been an ideology wrapped with enough pseudo-religious nonsense to carry weight with millions of people.

Until we acknowledge it is what it is, no more, no less, we will be screwed every step of the way. Muslims know what's going on. We have blinders on.

We wouldn't object to a Buddhist temple or a Jewish synagogue or a Christian church in that spot. Why? Because the people who follow those religions aren't out to kill us.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

They don't believe the same things Christians do, their laws are draconian, it is freedoms worst nightmare! Right on bkt!

As for New York and the Unions.......

The Union...It starts at 6:42 into the clip....

People get the government they deserve.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

The fact is that many people of different races, creeds, religons etc lost their lives in the World Trade Center attacks. Another fact is that the 1st Amendment protects the Freedom of Religion. To associate a Mosque being built near Ground Zero with the actions of the terrorists on 9/11/01 is something people need to really reflect upon as to their support of the US Constitution and what it means to be an American. People have the right to be upset should they feel that way, but what makes me even more angry is the fact that Ground Zero is still Ground Zero nearly 9 years after the attacks. Rome was not built in a day, but you can be damned sure that plenty was built in 9 years.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 06-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #7

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

skullie, that tolerance of other religions is what makes this country great, it is also one which makes us more vulnerable.

They can teach what they want behind closed doors with impunity. I strongly believe Christian churches should begin teaching marksmanship and hand to hand fighting.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

I think Scientology should take care of the problem. They have the most money.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #9
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Is Islam a religion? Or is it a political ideology? We are told over and over that it is a religion, yet its adherents prove over and over that they cling to an ideology.

A religion doesn't care about society or politics; its tenets transcend such lowly issues.

Islam cares a great deal about society and politics, going so far as to issue fatwas (death warrants) against those who dare speak out against it or offend it in any way. It has its own system of law (sharia) and has been trying to impose that system of law on the world via a caliphate (a political body) for centuries.

Islam is not a religion. It is an ideology. Religions are fine. Ideologies that crap on the notion of a free individual are my mortal enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
The fact is that many people of different races, creeds, religons etc lost their lives in the World Trade Center attacks. Another fact is that the 1st Amendment protects the Freedom of Religion. To associate a Mosque being built near Ground Zero with the actions of the terrorists on 9/11/01 is something people need to really reflect upon as to their support of the US Constitution and what it means to be an American. People have the right to be upset should they feel that way, but what makes me even more angry is the fact that Ground Zero is still Ground Zero nearly 9 years after the attacks. Rome was not built in a day, but you can be damned sure that plenty was built in 9 years.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I can't argue with any of that, bkt and dune. Islam has not evolved since its inception. Christianity, Judiasm and Buddhism have evolved from ideologies into religions of acceptance of other religons. Religious groups have been killing each other over ideology for centuries. Even different sects within religions have been at war since inception. My mortal enemies include all of those who want to see the death of America no matter their religious (or lack there of) beliefs. Islam's "convert or die" ideology is not unique to Islam. Christianity, for instance, forewent that ideology for the more accepting "convert or suffer the consequences when you die" ideology. It has not always been that way, thus the evolution of Christianity.

My point that I obviously missed making is that there has been no construction at Ground Zero. Either with a memorial (boo) or what I would like to see is two towers one story taller than the last. That angers me more than a religion exercising their right to build places of worship. Seriously, how far away from Ground Zero would be acceptable? Two blocks, two miles, two counties?

Don't misunderstand, I am not happy with the building of a Mosque near Ground Zero. I also understand that there are extremists in every walk of life, no matter the religion. I also understand the ideology of Islam and I don't agree with it. I am confident that I have made my views crystal clear on that subject here many times.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!