'Moron trap' lures tourists - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 'Moron trap' lures tourists

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

I'D HIT IT...

[/QUOTE]

Old 12-31-2009, 02:11 AM   #22

Heh, reminds me of those stories of people climbing into the animal cages at zoos. The worst part is, if someone got hurt they'd probably try to blame the animal and end up killing it just for doing the rest of us a favor.

Comments are purely my opinion unless otherwise stated.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:14 AM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
hey zhuk, is that you in the pic?
Me? Heh, no I got no current deathwishes, spittin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusselin View Post
Gators still get pretty big, here is a picture that i took of a buddy of mine (Kent) he is the park manager out at gator country, he is kissing Big Al, who is roughly 18 feet (i think) and over 1000 pounds, he is currently the largest gator in Texas captivity

whoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsmeShane View Post
South Carolina has the biggest Croc in captivity in the United States. Utan, at Alligator Adventure.

whoa+1

Man I never thought alligators got that big. Hope the enclosures are extra hardened!

Old 12-31-2009, 02:27 AM   #24

Zhuk, the pics from itsmeshane are of a crocodile mate, not a gator. I still wouldn't want to cross paths with either of them though...

Comments are purely my opinion unless otherwise stated.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:45 AM   #25

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by generic View Post
Zhuk, the pics from itsmeshane are of a crocodile mate, not a gator. I still wouldn't want to cross paths with either of them though...
Ahh Must be new year's eve senility creeping up on me lol

Don't intend being fodder for either

Old 12-31-2009, 12:11 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I dont want to be anywhere near either one. Hey zhuk, if one comes at you can you kill it? If so, how do people go about it? I would think a 12ga should work.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-31-2009, 01:31 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Man I never thought alligators got that big. Hope the enclosures are extra hardened!
yeah gators get huge, but i gotta give it to the crocs, they get huger lol

Old 12-31-2009, 04:49 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I dont want to be anywhere near either one. Hey zhuk, if one comes at you can you kill it? If so, how do people go about it? I would think a 12ga should work.
there is a gator season in SC I believe. its not hard to catch one. its dangerous, but it isnt that hard. my mechanic at work took me to help him catch one.

I guess thats why Alligator tail is such a delicacy. I guess the same goes for sharks tail. It costs so much because there aren't too many people that want to mess with something that has that many teeth just for somebody to have something to eat.

"There's not too many things, a man can't fix, with a couple hundred rounds, and his 30-06."

Old 12-31-2009, 05:12 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just looked at big al on the gator country website. it says he is over 13 feet. that is huge for a gator. he dwarfs Utan though. Utan is 20 feet long. Ive seen him in person, his belly is the size of a small car, like a honda civic.

"There's not too many things, a man can't fix, with a couple hundred rounds, and his 30-06."

Old 12-31-2009, 07:17 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsmeShane View Post
I just looked at big al on the gator country website. it says he is over 13 feet. that is huge for a gator. he dwarfs Utan though. Utan is 20 feet long. Ive seen him in person, his belly is the size of a small car, like a honda civic.
that is also old information, they need to update their site lol, big al is a monster and has been around since i was a kid, when i was younger he got out of his cage and killed two other gators.... it took them 3 tractors to drag him back into his pond.......

as for gator hunting, its not that dangerous. You tie some chicken to some string and bait it on a tree, when the gator eats it, they swallow it whole. so the string goes down also. When the gator tries to leave he cant because he is now attatched to the tree. They are either too dumb or too arrogant to cough the chicken back up....then you come along in a boat and slowly pull the string up until their heads com to the surface, then apply a pistol or rifle bullet right behind the eyes they will roll for a little bit and then die, pull them in, take them home and enjoy.

here is another big al pic

100_0236.jpg  

Last edited by Jusselin; 12-31-2009 at 07:22 PM.